Health Science (General) AS Degree
The Health Science General Program is designed for those students planning to transfer to two-year institutions to attain specific and additional training in a particular field of study such as dental hygiene, health care assistant, nursing, and radiology technician. Requirements for admission to each of these programs vary among institutions.
Upon completion of the health sciences program, students will be able to:
- Describe the processes of nutrient catabolism in human body cells.
- Differentiate between human tissue types and their respective functions
Students must fulfill the following requirements to qualify for an associate degree:
- Complete the Associate Degree requirements
- Complete major course requirements as specified in the catalog with a C or better
- Complete electives to reach a total of 60 degree applicable units
- Maintain a grade point average of 2.00 overall
- Complete the English and math competency requirements with a C or better
|Required Core Courses|
|BIO 032||Human Anatomy||4|
|BIO 035||Human Physiology||4|
|CHEM 001A||General Chemistry I||5|
|or CHEM 002A||Introductory Chemistry||4|
|NUT 001||Basic Nutrition||3|
|Total||19 - 20|
Recommended Electives: PSYCH 001, SOC 001
Click here to see the recommended course sequence for the Health Science AS Pathway.