What is Financial Aid?

West Hills College Coalinga can help you find the right financial aid, from grants and scholarships to loans. Financial aid comes in a number of different forms from both private and government sources. It’s all designed to help with your educational expenses. Apply today to see if you qualify.

Financial Aid Steps to Apply

Apply for Admission
First, apply for admission to West Hills College. Visit the online admissions application and follow the instructions. An admissions application must be on file in order for West Hills College to receive your financial aid application.
Apply to West Hills
Create an FSA ID
Second, create an FSA ID. Visit the FSA ID website and follow the instructions. Your FSA ID is used to confirm your identity when accessing your financial aid information and electronically signing your federal student aid documents.
Create an FSA ID
Complete the FAFSA or Dream Act
Third, begin and the complete the FAFSA or DREAM Act. If it is your first time select "Start Here", if you are a returning user, you can select "Log In." In order to complete your FAFSA you will need your FSA Id. In order to complete your DREAM Act you will need your Login Information. Please remember to list West Hills College on your application so we can receive it.
Visit the FAFSA Web Site
FAFSA Financial Aid School Codes

The school code for the West Hills College Coalinga is 001176.

If you run into any trouble when completing the online FAFSA you can call the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-4-FED-AID.

If you require further assistance you can come into our financial aid offices or call 559-934-2310 (Coalinga) or 559-934-2961 (Firebaugh, NDC) to receive additional help.

How much does it cost?

An education from West Hills College Coalinga is a direct investment in your future.  It is also very afforabable! Learn more about the cost of attendance here.

Financial Aid Disbursement

West Hills College Coalinga students who qualify for financial aid will receive payments every two weeks over the course of the semester, similar to that of a paycheck, instead of one or two lump-sum deposits. By disbursing payment in this way, students’ financial aid remains steady. It’s a proven way to help promote overall academic success.

Financial Aid FAQs

Looking for more information on financial aid? We’re here to help.
See All
  • If you filled out and submitted an application with an incorrect Social Security Number (SSN), and/or have transposed your first and last name, please contact your Financial Aid Office for further assistance.
  • WHC Lemoore school code is 041113.
    WHC Coalinga school code is 001176.

    Do not list both Lemoore and Coalinga school codes on your FAFSA or Dream Act; it will only delay your financial aid. Please only select the one you are planning on getting your degree or certificate from.

  • Yes. It's "at the time you complete the application for the FAFSA" that determines whose information you must provide. So, if you are married when you complete the FAFSA, report your and your spouse's income and assets. Likewise, if you are legally separated at the time you complete the FAFSA, you would remove the income (and person) that is no longer in the household.
  • Expected Family Contribution (EFC) is a measure of your family's financial strength and is calculated according to a formula established by law. Your family's household size, taxed and untaxed income, assets, and benefits are all considered in the formula. *Please keep in mind that your EFC is not the amount of money your family will have to pay for college nor is it the amount of federal student aid you will receive. It is a number used by your school to calculate the amount of federal student aid you are eligible to receive.
  • No, you do not need to make an appointment to see a Financial Aid Technician. It is important that you allow reasonable amount of time when meeting with a Financial Aid Technician so that we may carefully review your documents to avoid delays in processing. 

  • If you are a dependent student, one of your parents must apply for an FSA ID if they do not already have one. They will be able to use their FSA ID to electronically sign your FAFSA application. Parents will be able to use the same FSA ID for all of their children, including their own FAFSA. Please have them follow the same process listed in #3.
  • Yes, there may be additional documents you must submit in order to receive Financial Aid. You will receive an email to your student email account within 7-10 business days of the Financial Aid Office receiving your FAFSA information electronically. The email will explain that you can check your portal for any missing documents. Once all forms have been completed and turned in to the Financial Aid Office, they will be reviewed and Financial Aid eligibility will be determined. An additional email will be sent to your student email explaining how to review your eligibility.
  • You may receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) stating your application is rejected, or you may be informed by a Financial Aid Technician that your application is rejected. There are a few common reasons why the Federal Processor will reject an application: Missing signatures, inconsistent marital status with income, taxes paid are equal to or higher than adjusted gross income, citizenship questions are blank, marital status and family members blank, etc. A rejected application means that you must go back in to your FAFSA application and make the necessary corrections needed to process your application. You may make corrections using your Student Aid Report (SAR) or online at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
  • You may go to your student portal to see if there are any missing documents needed in order to process your FAFSA or Financial Aid. You may also go into the Financial Aid Office and obtain your missing documents so your financial aid can be processed by Financial Aid Technicians.