Business - Retail Business Management AS or AA Degree
The Retail Business Management Certificate provides an overview of the various disciplines in business such as management, marketing, accounting, and finance. The degree provides a training and education for those wishing to own or manage a retail business. The various elements involved in starting and operating a small business are covered.
Upon completion of the retail business management program, the student will be able to:
- Identify and explain major functional areas of business organizations including management, marketing, finance, and accounting
- Apply commonly used computer application programs to create relevant business documents
- Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing in various business settings
- Research and compose a business plan that can be used for planning as well as financing Students must fulfill the following requirements to qualify for an associate degree:
- Complete the Associate Degree requirements
- Complete major course requirements as specified in the catalog with a C or better
- Complete electives to reach a total of 60 degree applicable units
- Maintain a grade point average of 2.00 overall
- Complete the English and math competency requirements with a C or better
|Required Core Courses|
|BUS 001A||Beginning Principles of Accounting||4|
|or BUS 055||Bookkeeping||3|
|BUS 018||Business Law||4|
|BUS 020||Introduction to Business||3|
|BUS 028||Business Communication||3|
|BUS 032||Small Business Management||3|
|BUS 035||Human Resources Management||3|
|CIS 007||Computer Concepts||3|
|Total||22 - 23|
Click here to see the recommended course sequence for the Retail Business Management AS Pathway.
Business - Retail Business Management Certificate of Achievement
Completion of the 22-23 units listed above fulfills the requirements for Retail Business Management Certificate of Achievement.
Click here to see the recommended course sequence for the Retail Business Management Certificate Pathway.
For Gainful Employment information please visit: