FAFSA Financial Aid School Codes
The school code for the West Hills College Coalinga is 001176.
The school code for the West Hills College Lemoore is 041113
If you run into any trouble when completing the online FAFSA you can call the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-4-FED-AID.
If you require further assistance you can come into any of our financial aid offices and receive additional help.
Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
- If you filled out and submitted an application with an incorrect Social Security Number (SSN), and/or have transposed your first and last name, please contact your Financial Aid Office for further assistance.
- West Hills College, Coalinga's federal school code is 001176. Do not list both Lemoore and Coalinga School Codes on your FAFSA; it will only delay your financial aid. Please only select the one you are planning on getting your degree or certificate from.
- Yes. It's "at the time you complete the application for the FAFSA" that determines whose information you must provide. So, if you are married when you complete the FAFSA, report your and your spouse's income and assets. Likewise, if you are legally separated at the time you complete the FAFSA, you would remove the income (and person) that is no longer in the household.
- Expected Family Contribution (EFC) is a measure of your family's financial strength and is calculated according to a formula established by law. Your family's household size, taxed and untaxed income, assets, and benefits are all considered in the formula. *Please keep in mind that your EFC is not the amount of money your family will have to pay for college nor is it the amount of federal student aid you will receive. It is a number used by your school to calculate the amount of federal student aid you are eligible to receive.
- No, you do not need to make an appointment to see a Financial Aid Technician. It is important that you allow reasonable amount of time when meeting with a Financial Aid Technician so that we may carefully review your documents to avoid delays in processing. Our office hours are currently Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday 8:00am — 5:00pm, and Thursday 10:00am — 5:00pm.
- If you are a dependent student, one of your parents must apply for an FSA ID if they do not already have one. They will be able to use their FSA ID to electronically sign your FAFSA application. Parents will be able to use the same FSA ID for all of their children, including their own FAFSA. Please have them follow the same process listed in #3.
- Yes, there may be additional documents you must submit in order to receive Financial Aid. You will receive an email to your student email account within 7-10 business days of the Financial Aid Office receiving your FAFSA information electronically. The email will explain that you can check your portal for any missing documents. Once all forms have been completed and turned in to the Financial Aid Office, they will be reviewed and Financial Aid eligibility will be determined. An additional email will be sent to your student email explaining how to review your eligibility.
- You may receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) stating your application is rejected, or you may be informed by a Financial Aid Technician that your application is rejected. There are a few common reasons why the Federal Processor will reject an application: Missing signatures, inconsistent marital status with income, taxes paid are equal to or higher than adjusted gross income, citizenship questions are blank, marital status and family members blank, etc. A rejected application means that you must go back in to your FAFSA application and make the necessary corrections needed to process your application. You may make corrections using your Student Aid Report (SAR) or online at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- You may go to your student portal to see if there are any missing documents needed in order to process your FAFSA or Financial Aid. You may also go into the Financial Aid Office and obtain your missing documents so your financial aid can be processed by Financial Aid Technicians.