T.E.A.M. Teach Current News
We will be wrapping up the semester and celebrating the accomplishments of our T.E.A.M.
Teach and Academic Support members who are graduating and/or transferring at our Graduation,
Transfer, & Academic Support Celebration on Thursday, May 17th from 11:45a.m - 1:00 p.m. in the West Hills College Lemoore Conference
Center. Cheap pizza like most huddles….no!... This will be an epic huddle as we will treat
all T.E.A.M. Teach members to a Fajita Bar lunch from Vel's Cafe and we will even
provide beverages! If you are graduating or transferring you can e-mail Tiffani Gonzales at email@example.com with your name and transfer school (or next step in your life) and we will add you
to the graduation/transfer list which means you will be eligible for your parting gift and take a seat at the table
of honor! As a graduate/transfer student you can bring up to 2 guests..so make sure
they register using our eventbrite link below.
Normally we don’t require an RSVP or registration for a huddle, but we do for this event as we are ordering extra great food! Finish strong and register today!
T.E.A.M. Teach Huddles (Zoom In or Come for Live Event!)
We are excited to also launch a new format for our huddles this semester. We will still be meeting at the traditional noon hour for free pizza and great information in the WHCL Conference center, but we will also be adding a Zoom option for those of you who cannot get to campus at that time. I will send out a Zoom link prior to the huddles and connecting to Zoom allows you to join the meeting from your phone, laptop, or desktop computer and you can hear all of the information and guest speakers that we will have throughout the semester….unfortunately, we haven’t figured out a way to get you virtual pizza yet, but we are working on it. Here’s a list of upcoming events with more info to come soon…..but lock them on your calendar!
See you on campus and have a great semester!
About T.E.A.M. Teach
Top 8 Reasons to Join T.E.A.M. Teach
- Textbook Check Out - Check out up to three textbooks a semester for free! Books will be available for check out the Wednesday before the semester begins! Saves you hundreds of $ each semester! Jobs - CTE tutors at local high schools, After School Programs, 5C Experience, AVID, and many other opportunities.
- University Partnerships - West Hills College has transfer partnerships and degree completion programs with Fresno Pacific and Fresno State. Take satellite courses, upper division coursework, and credential classes here on the WHC Lemoore campus.
- Mentor Connect- Mentor teachers will help guide you through the pipeline.
- CBEST Test Prep - Preparation classes for the CBEST test are offered annually.
- Counseling - A dedicated T.E.A.M. Teach counselor will meet with you on a regular basis to ensure you have the correct education plan for your chosen teacher pathway
- Monthly Huddles and Events- Each month the students in our program "huddle up" for information, food, and support. We also host an annual kickoff dinner, annual conferences, and other events to help you become a teacher!
- T.E.A.M. Teach Website- visit our website which has links to register for the program, education links, resources, videos, and other information. Go to teamteach.westhillscollege.com (no www or http required)
- T.E.A.M. Teach Updates- Twitter, Instagram, Text, and E-mail- a monthly e-mail from the program, follow us on Instagram (@team.teach)twitter updates, and texts keep you up-to-date on the latest T.E.A.M. Teach information. You can follow us on Twitter @ Twitter.com/teamteach or get text updates sent directly to your cell phone by texting "follow teamteach" to 40404.
Be sure to follow TEAM Teach to get your social media info regarding TEAM Teach and campus events!
Follow us on @team.teach
Follow us on @teamteach
West Hills College Lemoore T.E.A.M. Teach Partners with Teach California!
California faces a shortage of special education, mathematics, and science teachers. With a special focus on these shortage areas, the TEACH California Web site is designed to recruit individuals to the profession of teaching, explain the teacher preparation process, assist prospective teachers in creating their plan to become credentialed teachers, provide relevant content, partner with related public and non-profit entities, and offer links to important resources. The TEACH California Web site is the California Department of Education's (CDE) primary Web effort for recruiting individuals to the teaching profession. Check out the work they do at http://www.teachcalifornia.org/
T.E.A.M. Teach Events
T.E.A.M. Teach annually hosts a backpack drive, gathering backpacks full of school supplies to donate to local schools. We also host a teaching conference each year, usually in October or November! It features discussions from expert teachers and information for prospective teachers.
Thank You T.E.A.M. Teachers for Your Generosity... 95 Donated and Delivered Backpacks!..Happy Holidays!
Check out this article about our Teach Conference and the photo album...thanks to all who attended!
James Preston- VP of Educational Services 925-3146; firstname.lastname@example.org
Tiffani Gonzales, T.E.A.M. Teach Counselor 925-3128; email@example.com
Shannon Turmon, Educators Rising Sponsor and Instructional Designer; firstname.lastname@example.org
Giselle Simon- Pathways Director- email@example.com
Andrea Picchi- Education Instructor; firstname.lastname@example.org