HRCM: Pastry and Baking Arts Certificate of Achievement
The Pastry and Baking Arts certified program is designed to introduce the student to practical and theoretical techniques of pastry and bakery arts. Students will learn basic and advanced fundamentals, methods and techniques. The course sequencing in this certified program addresses industry topics which are designed to broaden the students overall understanding, as well as, implement the required hands-on, contextualized laboratory exercises. Upon completion, students will acquire and perform the skills needed to give them the advantage to enter a wide variety of positions in the industry.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- generalize the essential skills required to support the performance of positions within the pasty and bakeshop.
- investigate and analyze customer service, and legal topics within the industry.
- review, recognize, and convert any standardized recipe.
- develop basic principles of nutrition, dietetics, and food and beverage composition.
- recognize and demonstrate the requirements for proper sanitation in the foodservice industry.
|Required Core Courses|
|HRCM-001||Introduction to Hospitality Management||3|
|CUL-064||Advanced Bakeshop and Desserts||3|
|CUL-052||Introduction to Commercial Baking||3|
|CUL-003||Sanitation and Safety||2|
|CUL-001||Principles of Food with Lab||3|
|HRCM-015X||Occupational Work Experience||3|