Manufacturing Automation AS
The West Hills College Lemoore Manufacturing Automation Degree program is modeled after local industry competency standards. This program includes study in the following areas: electrical theory and components, soldering, wiring diagrams, safety, programmable logic controllers, instrumentation, temperature, pressure, level detectors, computer integrated manufacturing motor theory and wiring, and mechanical systems. This program prepares students for careers in manufacturing automation, intermediate-level positions in petroleum/energy, manufacturing, instrumentation/process control, logistics and distribution, ancillary services, food and materials processing, and industrial maintenance. Students will be prepared for entry level positions in Industrial Automation Specialist, Industrial Technician, and Industrial Electrical Technician.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- demonstrate proficiency of safety principles in manufacturing automation required for industrial employment.
- demonstrate troubleshooting and problem solving skills used in automated industrial manufacturing related fields.
- demonstrate an understanding of instrumentation and mechanical systems.
- demonstrate safe operation of motors and process control technology that is required for industrial manufacturing.
- demonstrate an understanding of automated industrial manufacturing and electronics
that is required for transfer to a four year university degree program and certification.
|Required Core Courses|
|ELET-003||Programming Logic Controllers||3|
|ELET-004||Computer Integrated Manufacturing||3|
|ELET-005||Instrumentation and Process Control||3|
|ELET-006||Electric Motor and Controls||4|
|ELET-007||Advanced Programmable Logic Controllers||3|
|ITEC 002||Introduction to Drafting and CAD||3|
|ITEC-015X||Occupational Work Experience Education||1|
This is a recommended sequence of courses for timely completion of this program. Please see your counselor to formalize your personalized educational plan or for alternative planning.
- SEMESTER 1
- ELET- 0013
- ELET- 0033
- ITEC 0083
- ENGL 001A3
- MATH 0254
- SEMESTER 2
- SEMESTER 3
- SEMESTER 4
- HIST-017A3 OR