Hotel Restaurant and Casino Management (HRCM) AA
This industry specific program is intended to prepare the student to work in the unique environment of a hospitality organization. Combining general hospitality course with industry specific classes, the student will be prepared for an entry-level position or advancement within the company to an entry-level supervisory position in addition to acquiring skill that is utilized in hotel, restaurant, or casino organizations. Courses taken to satisfy these AA degree and/or certificates requirements come from both the Hotel, Restaurant and Casino Management (HRCM) and Business/Computer Information Systems (CIS) departments.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- give examples of the correct processes and procedures to manage food service operations based on the guidelines and policies of safety and for safe food systems.
- apply knowledge and demonstrate proficient ability to handle and operate production kitchen tools and equipment with ease and safety.
- learn through evaluation to judge the quality in completed food preparation fundamentals, methods, and techniques based on their time efficiency, adequacy, value, procedures, esthetics, structure, and taste.
- identify parts, relationships, and organizational principals to the production of cuisine or the relation to.
- recognize specific terms, concepts, and formulas to calculate measurements and conversions.
Associate Degree Requirements:
- Complete a minimum of 18 semester units in a major or area of emphasis
- Complete Local General Education and District requirements
- Complete 60 degree applicable semester units
- Complete all required courses for the major or area of emphasis, English, and math with a “C” or better
- Obtain an overall minimum grade point average of 2.0
|Required Core Courses|
|HRCM-067||Orientation to Hospitality Operations||1|
|HRCM-062A-D||Guest Relations and Customer Service||2|
|RM-061||Culinary Theory and Fundamentals|
|RM-064||Cuisines of the World|
|RM-010||Introduction to Food Services Operations|
|RM-011||Food and Beverage Service||3|
|RM-012||Food and Beverage Cost Control||3|
|HRCM-001||Introduction to Hospitality||3|
|HRCM-004||Supervision and Leadership in Hospitality||3|
|HRCM-015XX||Occupational Work Experience||3|
This is a recommended sequence of courses for timely completion of this program. Please see your counselor to formalize your personalized educational plan or for alternative planning.
- SEMESTER 1
- SEMESTER 2
- AREA C3
- SEMESTER 3
- AREA B3
- SEMESTER 4
- AREA D3