The West Hills Community College District is soliciting applications for service on the Measure T Citizens’ Bond Oversight Committees (CBOC).
Measure T, a districtwide technology bond measure, was passed by a majority of the voters in November 2014 and authorized the District to issue up to $20,000,000 in general obligation bonds conducted under Proposition 39.
Pursuant to Education Code section 15278, the District is obligated to appoint and maintain a Citizens’ Bond Oversight Committee (CBOC) for each measure to satisfy the accountability requirements of Proposition 39. The duties of the CBOC include reviewing expenditures related to the bond proceeds and informing the public concerning the District’s expenditures of bond proceeds.
The CBOC shall each consist of a minimum of seven (7) members appointed by the Board of Trustees from a list of candidates submitting written applications and based on criteria established by Prop 39:
- One (1) member active in a business organization representing the business community located in the District.
- One (1) member active in a senior citizen’s organization.
- One (1) member active in a bonafide taxpayers association.
- One (1) member shall be a student who is both currently enrolled in the District and active in a community college group, such as student government.
- One (1) member shall be active in the support and organization of a community college or the community colleges of the District.
- Two (2) members of the community-at-large appointed by the Board.
To be a qualified person, the applicant must be at least 18 years of age and reside within the District’s geographic boundary, in accordance with Government Code Section 1020. The CBOC may not include any employee, official of the District, or any vendor, contractor, or consultant of the District.
Applications for service on the District’s CBOC are now being accepted. A link to the application can be found at https://westhillscollege.com/measure-t/documents/oversight-committee-application_fillable.pdf or by contacting Donna Isaac in the Chancellor’s office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 559-934-2102.
Specific information about Measure T can be found on the District’s website: https://westhillscollege.com/measure-t/