On April 12, West Hills College Lemoore will host a free health careers licensing fair on campus, in partnership with the State of California Department of Consumer Affairs.
The fair will be held April 12 from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. in Room 253.
12 PM – 1 PM Keynote Presentations:
- Removing Barriers to Licensure and Assisting Underserved Communities - Dean Grafilo, State of CA Department of Consumer Affairs Director
- Tips for Being Successful in a Health Care Career- Valerie Fisher, Deputy Sector Navigator, Health Workforce Initiative
- Spotlight on a Recent Graduate: My Experience with Licensure
1 PM- 3 PM Breakout Sessions.
Learn the steps involved in the licensing and exam process. Hear about trends and critical issues in your field.
* This event will also include a free job fair. Come chat with representatives from companies and organizations hiring in the health care field!
Representatives from the following licensing boards have been invited to participate:
- Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians
- Board of Registered Nursing
- Speech Language Pathology, Audiology & Hearing Aid Dispensers Board
- Pharmacy Board
- Physical Therapy Board
- Respiratory Care Board
- Dental Board of California
- Board of Occupational Therapy
Free lunch will be provided. Registration is free, but seats are limited. Register at https://www.westhillscollege.com/lemoore/events/#!view/event/date/20190412/event_id/6696
For more information, contact Kathy Finster at KathyFinster@whccd.edu or 559-934-2141