Achieving Community College Excellence for Scholarship Success
Science * Technology * Engineering * Mathematics
Thanks to a grant awarded to West Hills College Lemoore (WHCL) by the National Science Foundation, up to 25 students per year will be provided with an opportunity to participate in a scholarship and mentoring program designed to help them achieve their academic goals.
NSFS Scholarship Applications
Applicants must satisfy the following criteria:
- Be enrolled full time (12 or more units) at WHC Lemoore;
- Be pursuing a degree in one of the STEM disciplines (Biology, Chemistry, Computer Information Systems, Engineering, Geology, Mathematics, and Physics);
- Be a US citizen, US National, US Permanent Resident or Admitted Refugee;
- Demonstrate academic potential or ability (minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0));
- Demonstrate financial need, defined for undergraduate students by the U.S. Department of Education rules for need-based federal financial aid.
- Nursing, Health Science, and Kinesiology students are not eligible.
Successful applicants will receive:
- Up to $4,176 per academic year ($2,088 per semester);
- Academic advising and assistance;
- Professional development activities;
- Career services and counseling;
- Peer mentoring;
- Faculty mentor.
To retain the NSF S-STEM ACCESS scholarship for the maximum four (4) semesters, recipients must:
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0;
- Maintain full time status at WHCL;
- Demonstrate satisfactory progress toward a degree in a STEM discipline;
- Continue to meet the federal financial aid requirements;
- Participate in all required events in the program (including, but not limited to, regular group chat meetings and mentor meetings).
For further information contact:
|Maria Gonzalez, M.S., CRC