Obtaining a Student ID Card
- In order to check out library materials (books, study rooms, reserve books, etc.), students must have a valid West Hills College student I.D. card.
- Cards are available at the Eagle Help Desk in the Administration building.
Enrolled students, staff, and faculty can check out items according to the following loan periods:
- Books: Three (3) weeks
- Short loan books: Seven (7) days
- CD/DVDs: Three (3) days
- Reference materials, academic reserves, and magazines: In library use only
- Users can check out a maximum of six different items.
- Items may be renewed as long as there are not any current holds placed by other library users.
- Returning items on time is the responsibility of the borrower.
- Laptops and hotspots are checked out for the full-semester and must be returned at the end of each semester.
Fines will be assessed as follows:
- Books: $0.25 per day, per item. Not to exceed $20 per item.
- Reserve items: $1.00 per hour, per item.
- CDs/DVDs: $1.00 per day, per item. Not to exceed $25 per item.
- Lost or damaged items: $20 processing fee plus cost of book based on vendor price.
- Overdue items will be assessed a fine.
Course Textbooks on Reserve
- Students may check out course textbooks for two hours for in library use only.
- Not all courses will have textbooks on reserve.
- For a full list of available reserve textbooks, please visit our Reserve Textbooks LibGuide.
Requesting a Hold
- If a book is checked out, a library user can request a hold on the item:
- When the book is returned, the user will be notified via their West Hills email that the item is available and is being held for them at the Library.
- Holds can also be used to transfer items between different West Hills College campus libraries.
- Students cannot place holds on reserve items.
- Ccurbside pick-up is available during our regular hours of operation Monday- Thursday 7:30 am- 7:00 pm Friday 7:30 am -2:00 pm.
- Please fill out our Curbside Pick-up Form.