EMT - Paramedic AS and Certificate of Achievement
The Paramedic Program is a comprehensive lecture, lab and field training program to produce competent, entry level paramedics to serve in career and volunteer positions in the Central San Joaquin Valley. Our Paramedic Program meets and exceeds regulations in the California Code of Regulations Title 22, Division 9, Chapter 4. This program meets all the objectives of the United States Department of Transportation’s 1998 Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic National Standard Curriculum as well as the 2009 National Emergency Medical Services Education Standards for Paramedics.
Graduates will earn a Certificate of Achievement and be eligible to sit for certification by the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians. This program also meets the major requirements for an Associate Degree in EMT-Paramedic when required GE courses are completed.
Program Learning Student Outcomes
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- demonstrate a complete pre-hospital patient assessment and management of a trauma and medical patient.
- demonstrate a complete pre-hospital patient assessment and management of a cardiac arrest patient.
- demonstrate a complete pre-hospital patient assessment and management of a patient with an acute respiratory compromise.
- demonstrate a complete pre-hospital patient assessment and management of a patient with an acute neurological compromise.
- demonstrate a complete pre-hospital patient assessment and management of a pediatric patient in acute distress.
Associate Degree Requirements:
- Complete a minimum of 18 semester units in a major or area of emphasis
- Complete Local General Education and District requirements - specific to paramedic program
- Area D - PSYCH 001, 002, SOC 001, or 002
- HE 035 waiver, if applicable
- Complete elective units for total of 60 degree applicable semester units
- Complete all required courses for the major or area of emphasis, English, and math with a “C” or better
- Obtain an overall minimum grade point average of 2.0
|Required Core Courses|
|EMT 010||Paramedic I||12|
|EMT 011||Paramedic I Lab||1.5|
|EMT 051||Advanced Cardiac Life Support||0.5|
|EMT 012||Advanced Paramedic II||11.5|
|EMT 013||Advanced Paramedi II Lab||1.5|
|EMT 014||Acute Clinical Lab||3|
|EMT 015||Paramedic Field Experience||9|
For Gainful Employment information please visit:
This is a recommended sequence of courses for timely completion of this program. Entry in to transfer level English and math is required to follow this recommended sequence. Please see your counselor to formalize your personalized educational plan or for alternative planning.
- SEMESTER 3
- EMT 0143
- SEMESTER 4