Introduction to Cybersecurity (Certificate of Achievement)
The Introduction to Cybersecurity Certificate of Achievement offers a problem-solving methodology built on key principles that are independent of specific technologies in a vendor neutral environment. The principles taught in this certificate are mappable, stackable, and track to today’s emerging technologies and teach students the security techniques and research skills required to stay on top of today’s ever-changing security environment. This certificate provides comprehensive training to begin a career focused on securing computing assets and information. Join our program to acquire skills and knowledge in the design, application, installation, operation, and maintenance of computer security systems through extensive hands-on experience in this rapidly growing field. This program of study prepares student to take the following certification exams: CompTIA is an ANSI accredited Certifier - 0731. The CompTIA Security+ program is included in the scope of this accreditation. The CompTIA Security+ certification may be kept current through the CompTIA Continuing Education program.
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
- troubleshoot and diagnose security issues;
- conduct security audits and penetration testing;
- assist in developing and implementing security plans and procedures;
- assist in developing and presenting security awareness;
- evaluate, recommend and install security hardware and software;
- monitor computer systems to detect inappropriate use;
- develop incident, disaster recovery, business continuity and emergency response plans.
|Required Core Courses|
|CIS 005E||Intro to Inf System Security||3|
|CIS 005F||Intro to Information Assurance||3|
|CIS 005G||Computer Forensics Fundamentals||3|
|CIS 005H||Operating Systms - Linux||3|
|CIS 042||System Analysis and Design||3|