Computer Information Systems AA and AS
The Computer Information Systems Program at West Hills College Lemoore teaches concepts, procedures and terminology as well as the skills and applications necessary to operate computers and network systems.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the program, student will be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of four primary applications in the Microsoft Office Suite
- demonstrate an understanding of the keystroke required to complete the cutting, copying, and pasting of data from one type of documents into another documents.
- develop and complete ecommerce site or business plan.
- demonstrate an understanding of seven phases of the system development life cycle
Associate Degree Requirements:
- Complete a minimum of 18 semester units in a major or area of emphasis
- Complete Local General Education and District requirements
- Complete elective units for total of 60 degree applicable semester units
- Complete all required courses for the major or area of emphasis, English, and math with a “C” or better
- Obtain an overall minimum grade point average of 2.0
|Required Core Courses|
|BUS-013A/B||Word for Windows I & II||3|
|BUS 020||Introduction to Business||3|
|BUS 024||Business Mathematics||3|
|CIS 007||Computer Concepts||3|
|CIS 019B||Database Creation & Management||3|
|CIS 034||Introduction to Spreadsheets||3|
This is a recommended sequence of courses for timely completion of this program. Entry in to transfer level English and math is required to follow this recommended sequence. Please see your counselor to formalize your personalized educational plan or for alternative planning.
- SEMESTER 2
- BUS 0243
- SEMESTER 4
- CIS 019B3
- ELECTIVE 001-0498
- AREA B or ELECTIVE 001-0494