Business Management AS and Certificate of Achievement
The Business Program of study prepares the student for entry level positions in areas such as bookkeeping, management and retailing. The business program provides a foundation for further study and is valuable for students interested in starting or enhancing their own business. The program provides students with an understanding of the operation of business in the American economic system.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- demonstrate utilization of a variety of prevailing Microsoft office applications and accounting software.
- input and produce reports from business records.
- identify the basic elements of a contract and assess a contract’s validity.
- compose business letters and employment applications choosing the appropriate delivery means.
- assess business situations from an owner’s/manager’s prospective including basic employment laws.
Associate Degree Requirements:
- Complete a minimum of 18 semester units in a major or area of emphasis
- Complete Local General Education and District requirements
- Complete elective units for total of 60 degree applicable semester units
- Complete all required courses for the major or area of emphasis, English, and math with a “C” or better
- Obtain an overall minimum grade point average of 2.0
|Required Core Courses|
|BUS 001A||Beginning Principles of Accounting||4|
|BUS 001B||Elementary Principles of Accounting||4|
|BUS-013A/B||Word for Windows I & II||3|
|BUS 018||Business Law||4|
|BUS 020||Introduction to Business||3|
|BUS 024||Business Mathematics||3|
|BUS 028||Business Communication||3|
|BUS 032||Small Business Management||3|
|BUS 035||Human Resources Management||3|
|CIS 007||Computer Concepts||3|
|CIS 034||Introduction to Spreadsheets||3|
For Gainful Employment information please visit:
This is a recommended sequence of courses for timely completion of this program. Entry in to transfer level English and math required to follow this recommended sequence. Please see your counselor to formalize your personalized educational plan or for alternative planning.
AS Degree Track:
Certificate of Achievement Track: