Art - Studio Arts AA-T
The Associate in Arts in Studio Arts for Transfer degree is designed to provide the opportunity to achieve an associate degree in the student’s area of specialization. Upon completion of a baccalaureate degree, students will be preparing for careers such as teaching, commercial art, museum curator, computer art, or to be self-employed. The Associate in Arts in Studio Arts for Transfer degree is designed to prepare students for a seamless transfer into the CSU system to complete a baccalaureate degree in Studio Arts or similar degree.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the program, student will be able to:
- articulate and apply the elements and principles of two-dimensional design.
- demonstrate an ability to solve a variety of problems related to the use of various drawing materials.
- articulate and apply the elements and principles of three-dimensional design.
- demonstrate an ability to solve a variety of problems related to the use of various painting materials and techniques.
- demonstrate an understanding of the historical development of art, be capable of identifying works from various art movements and periods in history, and be capable of articulating how context has influenced the creation of works of art during these movements and periods.
Associate Degree for Transfer requirements (pursuant to SB 1440):
- Complete a minimum of 18 semester units in a major or area of emphasis
- Complete IGETC or CSU General Education – Breadth requirements
- Complete total of 60 CSU transferable semester units
- Complete all required courses for the major or area of emphasis with a “C” or better
- Obtain an overall minimum grade point average of 2.0
|Required Core Courses|
|ART 002||Two-Dimensional Design||3|
|ART 003||3 - Dimensional Design Fundamentals||3|
|ART 005A||Basic Drawing||3|
|ART 015A||Beginning Painting||3|
|ART 016A||Survey of Western Art: Pre-History||3|
|ART 016B||Survey of Western Art: Renaissance||3|
|ART 020A||Introduction to Digital Art||3|
|Choose 3 units from the following:|
|ART 005B||Intermediate Drawing||3|
|ART 007||Figure Drawing||3|
|CSU-GE-B or IGETC requirements (allowing double counting)||37-39|
|CSU Transferable Electives||3-5|
This is a recommended sequence of courses for timely completion of this program. Entry in to transfer level English and math required to follow this recommended sequence. Please see your counselor to formalize your personalized educational plan or for alternative planning.
- SEMESTER 4
- ART-005B or 0073
- ART 020A3