CIS - Introduction to Programming Certificate of Achievement
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the program, student will be able to:
- Demonstrate competency in the use of common HTML code.
- Demonstrate competency using FTP to transfer web pages to a server.
- Construct pages that meet guidelines for efficient download.
- Construct pages that meet the needs of an identified audience.
- Construct efficient file structure for web sites.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of a WYSIWYG design software.
- Evaluate the functions of specific types of web pages in relationship to an entire web site.
- Design electronic text and web pages that include the standard textual components needed on web pages.
- Create web pages that meet accessibility needs of those with physical disabilities.
- Understand how CSS will affect web page creation.
- Understand the function of copyright in relationship to web design and coding.
- Utilize graphic design to enhance web pages.
|Required Core Courses|
|CIS-002||Internet Programming HTML/XHTML|
|CIS-002B||Internet Programming CSS|
|CIS-002F||Server Side Scripting|
|WE-015XX||General or Occupational Work Experience|
|or CIS-015XX||Occupational Work Experience||1 - 3|
This is a recommended sequence of courses for timely completion of this program. Please see your counselor to formalize your personalized educational plan or for alternative planning.
- SEMESTER 1
- SEMESTER 2
- WE-015XX or CIS-015XX1-3
For Gainful Employment information please visit: