Business Information Worker(BIW) Certificate of Achievement
The Business Information Worker (BIW) Certificate guides students toward successful employment in business and government. The BIW certificate of achievement for office workers, developed in conjunction with local employers, provides students with a broad range of entry-level office skills and applications which promote success in a variety of office environments. With a solid foundation in Microsoft Windows and Office as well as strong digital and web literacy skills, the Business Information Worker brings efficiency and productivity to the workplace. Completion of the Business Information Worker pathway also brings indispensable critical thinking, problem solving, and interpersonal skills to the workplace. Students who complete the certificate will be ready for the workforce and the certificate provides a stepping stone to continue their education and complete an A.S. in Business or an AS-T in Business Administration.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the program, student will be able to:
- demonstrate accurate text and data entry using a standard keyboard and/or numeric keypad at expected entry-level occupation production rate.
- organize correspondence and locate business documents by applying the 12 alphabetic and numeric filing rules.
- compose complex business letters, reports and employment applications choosing the appropriate delivery means.
- demonstrate utilization of basic information systems and a variety of prevailing Microsoft Office applications such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook.
- demonstrate proficiency in business communications and human relations/customer service.
|Required Core Courses|
|BUS-013A||Word for Windows I|
|BUS-013B||Word for Windows II|
|BUS-035||Human Resources Management|
|BUS-067||Filing & Records Management|
|CIS-008||Microcomputer Operating Environment: Windows|
|CIS-034||Introduction to Spreadsheets|
For Gainful Employment information please visit:
This is a recommended sequence of courses for timely completion of this program. Please see your counselor to formalize your personalized educational plan or for alternative planning.
- SEMESTER 1
- BUS-013A & 013B3
- SEMESTER 2
- WE-015XX or BUS-015XX1