On April 12, West Hills College Lemoore hosted a free health careers licensing fair on campus, in partnership with the State of California Department of Consumer Affairs.
The fair was held April 12 from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. in Room 253.
It included the following presentations:
12 PM – 1 PM Keynote Presentations:
- Removing Barriers to Licensure and Assisting Underserved Communities - Dean Grafilo, State of CA Department of Consumer Affairs Director
- Tips for Being Successful in a Health Care Career- Valerie Fisher, Deputy Sector Navigator, Health Workforce Initiative
- Spotlight on a Recent Graduate: My Experience with Licensure
1 PM- 3 PM Breakout Sessions.
Learn the steps involved in the licensing and exam process. Hear about trends and critical issues in your field.
The event also included a free job fair.
Representatives from the following licensing boards were invited to participate:
- Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians
- Board of Registered Nursing
- Speech Language Pathology, Audiology & Hearing Aid Dispensers Board
- Pharmacy Board
- Physical Therapy Board
- Respiratory Care Board
- Dental Board of California
- Board of Occupational Therapy