Broccoli and cheddar are a classic combination. I mean, who doesn’t love a good broccoli soup? This easy, 3 ingredient Broccoli Cheddar Egg Muffin recipe is perfect for a protein-packed breakfast or snack! Or, hello, breakfast for dinner! Whip up a batch of banana oatmeal pancakes and make it a whole meal!
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup defrosted frozen broccoli (or fresh steamed)
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a silicone muffin tin with oil.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, chopped broccoli, salt and pepper together
- Pour egg mixture into muffin tin and divide the cheese evenly. Sprinkle on top.
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes, or until the eggs are set.
- Let cool and remove from muffin tins
Makes 6 Egg Muffins
This recipe can easily be doubled, and the veggie and cheese combinations are endless! Want more than just broccoli and cheddar? Add diced tomatoes! Don’t like broccoli? Try spinach and feta cheese instead! Or try a bunch of different combinations and then freeze for future use. Freeze on a baking tray and then transfer to an air-tight freezer bag and keep them in the freezer for up to 6 months. To defrost, simply place in the microwave in 30-second increments until heated through.
Stop by the Golden Eagle Pantry to grab your ingredients and see what tasty combinations you can cook up!