The role of the Westside Works Early Childhood Educator Apprenticeship Committee is to represent and govern its Early Childhood Educator Apprenticeship Program.
Its responsibilities include the following:
- Supervising the administration and enforcement of the apprenticeship program standards;
- Adopting program rules and regulations;
- Overseeing the program’s ability, including financial ability, and commitment to meet and carry out its responsibilities under the federal and state law and regulations applicable to the apprenticeable occupation and for the welfare of the apprentice;
- Conducting on-going evaluation of the interest and capacity of employers to participate in apprenticeship program and to train apprentices on the job;
- Establishing and maintain a record system for on-the-job training and related instruction;
- Performing a periodic evaluation of each apprentice, complying with meaningful representation requirements for the interests and support of apprentices, and providing fair hearings and disciplinary procedures for apprentices.
The Early Childhood Educator Apprenticeship Committee meets quarterly as recommended by the Department of Industrial Relations, Division of Apprenticeship Standards. Meetings typically take place via web conferencing using Zoom technology. The 2020-2021 fiscal year meeting dates/times for this committee are as follows:
Thursday, September 3th 2020 11:00am – 12:30pm
Wednesday, November 11th 2020 11:00am – 12:30pm
Thursday, February 11th 2021 11:00am – 12:30pm
Wednesday, May 12th 2021 11:00am – 12:30pm
Meetings are closed to the public. Apprentices or other individuals may appeal to the Committee by submitting a formal request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line in the email request should read “Appeal to Address the Early Childhood Educator Apprenticeship Committee”. Requests must be submitted at least 2 weeks in advance of the meeting date or the matter will be placed on the following quarter’s meeting agenda. The Committee is not obligated to hear from non-members so it is important to state the reason one wishes to be heard by the Committee within the request. Employers, members, or other stakeholders may submit agenda items for an upcoming meeting directly to the Program Director.
For questions about the Westside Works Early Childhood Educator Apprenticeship Committee, contact Corinna Pereira at 559-934-2168 or at email@example.com.