West Hills is accepting applications for the Early Childhood Educator Assistant Teacher Apprenticeship from March 22nd - April 23rd.
This apprenticeship opportunity combines coursework in early childhood education and on the job training. Students who apply, complete the interview process and are accepted into the apprentice program will begin courses, online starting August 2021.
These courses are no cost to the student! These courses will help students qualify for an assistant teacher permit. As students continue in the program, West Hills College Coalinga will assist apprentices obtain their assistant teacher permit, develop a resume, help with interview prep and assist with future job placement.
Benefits of this program include:
- Gain 21 units in early child education at zero tuition cost
- Fully online courses
- One-on-one education support and mentoring
- Teaching permit workshop in early Fall 2021
- Resume and interview workshops in late Fall 2021
- Employment placement assistance starting December 2021
- Apprenticeship Completion Certificate awarded
- Continued education pathway support if desired
If you have any questions, or need any assistance, please reach out to Nickolas Trujillo, Director of Apprenticeships, at email@example.com or call (559) 934-2707. The application period for this program will run from March 22nd to April 23rd with interviews for potential apprentices to be scheduled in May so ensure your contact information is valid and correct!