APPLICATIONS ARE ONLY GOOD FOR 1 YEAR
- Submit a completed application (incomplete applications will not be considered)
- MUST APPLY FOR ADMISSION TO WHCC AT WWW.WESTHILLSCOLLEGE.COM FIRST
- You must be 18 years of age or older at the time of application submittal
- Copy of current Driver's License or I.D. Card
- Copy of Social Security Card
- Copy of High School Diploma or GED (College Degree will not be used in place of High School Diploma or GED)
- Copy of Student Profile from WHCC Student Portal
- Completed FAFSA on File at the Financial Aid Office at West Hills College. Yes, even if you don't feel that you will qualify, you must fill out the FASFA documents!
- Un-Official Transcripts reflecting all courses taken at West Hills (un-official transcripts will only be accepted if the courses were completed at WHCC)
- One Official Transcript from all other colleges attended, even if it was one course and you didn't complete it. (On file will not count)
- Veteran Status Eligibility is still in effect. All Veterans will not go through lottery. DD214 is REQUIRED for eligibility, and must state "Honorable Discharge"
- Application must be filled out COMPLETELY or it will be marked as INC. and you will need to re-apply. NO EXCEPTIONS! We will not fill in anything for you.
- Math 100 (West Hills Course) - 3 Units. "C" or better
- English 51A (West Hills Course) - 3 Units, "C" or better
- WE DO NOT ACCEPT CLASSES THAT ARE IN PROGRESS. COURSES NEED TO BE COMPLETED AND REFLECTED ON TRANSCRIPTS TO BE CONSIDERED FOR EVALUATION, AS PART OF THE APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS.
PLACEMENT TESTS :
Placement Test Scores will be accepted in place of pre-requisites. Must place into the following courses:
- Math 61 or Math 63 (West Hills Course)
- English 1A or 51B (West Hills Course )
- PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT YOU DO NOT NEED TO TAKE A PLACEMENT TEST IF YOU ALREADY MEET THE MATH AND ENGLISH PRE-REQS.
All foreign transcripts must be evaluated by an accredited evaluation service. A list of services can be obtained in the Instruction Packet. Foreign High School and College transcripts must be evaluated. College Degree of any kind will not be used for proof of High School or GED completion, NO EXCEPTIONS!!
WE ACCEPT APPLICATIONS TWICE A YEAR. APPLICATIONS ARE ONLY GOOD FOR 1 YEAR!
APPLICATION PACKET SUBMITTAL DEADLINE:
Application period for January 2018 Cohort- TBD
Application Period for August 2017 Cohort- Closed as of 6/1/17 (noon)
West Hills Community College 300 Cherry Lane Coalinga, CA 93210
*All submissions must be delivered to the Health Careers Office at 300 Cherry Lane or mailed with delivery confirmation.
** WHCC will not be held responsible for any expenses incurred for special delivery, nor will it increase your chances of getting into the program.
*** All submissions must be in the health careers office by the deadline regardless of postmark or special delivery. Please allow plenty of time for proper delivery.
Please note that we can only discuss application status and review applications with the applicant. Please do not have a family member, friend or someone else call or come in on your behalf.
STUDENT SELECTION PROCESS:
Students will be selected from the application pool by lottery, as governed by the Board of Vocational Nurses and Psychiatric Technicians (BVNPT)
Applicants should contact the West Hills Community College Financial Aid Office (559) 934-2310 regarding various sources of educational funding. You can also contact your local Workforce Development office located at your county social services office for additional information on assistance. We now have Workforce Connection on our campus, located in building A. Contact information for them is (559) 934-2423. They service Fresno County. If you are in Kings County you can try JTO (559) 585-3532.
Location & Directions
300 CHERRY LANE,
COALINGA, CA 93210
Assistant Director of