If you are interested in making a difference in people's lives, consider becoming a certified nursing assistant. The West Hills College Coalinga Certified Nursing Assistant program prepares students for the field in just eighteen weeks!
Students interested in enrolling in the WHCC Certified Nursing Assistant program must be at least 17 years of age, pass a physical examination, and submit fingerprints for FBI and DOJ clearances.
Students studying in the West Hills' Certified Nursing Assistant program will learn laboratory skills and be provided with in-hospital training. Upon completion of this program, students will be prepared for the certification examination.
- Students MUST attend orientation in order to get into the Nursing Assistant Training Program.
- An Orientation opportunity will be held on April 22, 2019 from 5:00pm- 8:00pm in Building X Room #7.
- All applications MUST be completed in their entirety prior to submitting.
- Applications may be downloaded below or picked up at 300 Cherry Lane, Coalinga CA, 93210 in the Administration Building B (see Amy Martinez). Office hours are Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm.
A notification will be posted when all spots have been filled however please call (559) 934-2236 first about the space availability prior to completing an application.
Students in the Certified Nursing Assisting Program are required to wear uniforms.
Royal Blue Scrubs, Second Hand Watch, Stethoscope, blood pressure cuff and all white shoes (must be completely white/no cloth material). The uniform/supplies are required and the responsibility of the student to obtain after being accepted into the NATP/CNA Program.
- To complete a background check: 1) Log onto: http://www.sjvnecbackground.com/ 2) Please print and submit a copy of Disclosure and Authorization form to the Health Careers Office 3) Please print and submit a copy of your paid receipt to the Health Careers Office 4) Chain of Custody forms are available at the Health Careers Office upon receipt of copies from step 2 & 3
Nurse Assistant Training Program (Certified Nursing Assistant) is approved by the California Department of Public Health Licensing and Certification Program
Training Program Review Unit (TPRU)
California Department of Public Health
Licensing and Certification Program
P.O. Box 997416, MS-3301
Sacramento, CA 95899-7416(916) 558-1784