Business Administration 2.0 AS-T
The Associate in Science in Business Administration 2.0 for Transfer Degree is designed to provide students a seamless transfer to the California State University system. The degree is designed to prepare students for a baccalaureate degree in Business Administration or similar major.
Students will gain a broad knowledge in the foundation of the business field including accounting, quantitative analysis, economics, and contract law. The program includes coursework that is essential for entry-level positions and enhances the knowledge base of those who are seeking career advancement. A baccalaureate degree will prepare students to work with a variety of occupations including account executive, analyst, bank employee, buyer, clerk, data-entry specialist, government service, insurance representative, manager, office assistant, public administration, and sales.
Upon completion of the business administration program, the student will be able to:
- Students will apply accounting and mathematical concepts and principles in making decisions about business operations.
- Students will determine the monthly payment on an amortized loan over a given interval of time at a specified interest rate.
- Students will assess the relationships and inter-dependencies of economic, social, legal, and global environments in which businesses operate.
- Students will identify the laws affecting sole proprietorships, partnerships, and corporations.
- Students will identify and explain business organizations' major functional areas, including management, marketing, finance, and accounting.
In order to complete the AS-T in Business Administration, students must meet the following requirements:
- Complete 60 semester units or 90 quarter units of degree-applicable courses
- Earn a minimum grade point average of 2.0
- Earn a minimum grade of "C" for each course in the major
- Complete the CSU General Education Breadth or the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum
This program has 50 percent or more of the major courses available via distance education/online
|Required Core Courses|
|BUS 001A||Beginning Principles of Accounting||4|
|BUS 001B||Elementary Principles of Accounting||4|
|BUS 018||Business Law||4|
|BUS 020||Introduction to Business||3|
|MATH 025||Introduction to Statistics||4|
|MATH 039||Quantitative Analysis||3|
|Units to be double-counted as General Education||9|
|CSU GE Breadth or IGETC Units||39|
|Transferable Elective Units||2|