Business Administration AS-T
The Associate in Science in Business Administration for Transfer Degree is designed to provide students a seamless transfer to the California State University system. The degree is designed to prepare students for a baccalaureate degree in Business Administration or similar major.
Students will gain a broad knowledge in the foundation of the business field including accounting, computer systems, economics, and contract law. The program includes coursework that is essential for entry-level positions and enhances the knowledge base of those who are seeking career advancement. A baccalaureate degree will prepare students will to work with a variety of occupations including account executive, analyst, bank employee, buyer, clerk, data-entry clerk, data- entry specialist, government service, insurance representative, manager, office assistant, public administration, and sales.
Upon completion of the business administration program, the student will be able to:
- Identify and explain the major functional areas of business organizations including management, marketing, finance, and accounting.
- Apply commonly used computer application programs to create relevant business documents.
- Apply accounting and mathematical concepts and principles in making decisions about business operations.
- Analyze practical business problems and utilize research and critical thinking to evaluate and recommend alternative solutions.
- Assess the relationships and inter-dependencies of economic, social, legal, and global environments in which businesses operate.
This program is intended for students planning to transfer to a California State University. Students must fulfill the following requirements to qualify for an associate degree for transfer:
- Complete CSU GE Breadth or IGETC pattern
- Complete the major course requirements as specified in the catalog with a C or better
- Complete electives to reach a total of 60 transferable units
- Maintain a grade point average of 2.0 overall
- Complete the English, Critical Thinking, Communication, and Math requirements with a C or better
|Required Core Courses|
|BUS 001A||Beginning Principles of Accounting||4|
|BUS 001B||Elementary Principles of Accounting||4|
|BUS 018||Business Law||4|
|BUS 020||Introduction to Business||3|
|CIS 007||Computer Concepts||3|
|MATH 025||Introduction to Statistics||4|
|Units to be double-counted as General Education||9|
|CSU GE Breadth or IGETC Units||39|
|Transferable Elective Units||2|
Click here to see the recommended course sequence for the Business Administrations AS-T Pathway.