One of the best things to learn as an adult, is that you don’t actually need to be celebrating anything to have cake. You can make or buy it at any time for any reason! Now, buying a professionally baked cake often can get expensive. Luckily for you, I’ve tried two super simple hacks that allow you to make a cake at home that tastes like it came straight from a bakery!
- Follow directions on the package, but…
- Add one more egg (or two for a more rich cake)
- Replace oil with melted butter, and double the amount
- Replace water with an equal amount of milk
- Add 2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Mix and bake according to package instructions
- When you buy a container of cake frosting from the store, whip it up with your mixer for a few minutes. Your frosting will spread easier and double in size, allowing you to frost more cake and cupcakes!
And that’s it. These simple steps make a huge impact on the overall result of your cake. Now go make your “for no reason” cake and enjoy one of the best parts of being an adult!