We are finalizing preparations and getting ready to honor you during your commencement ceremony. We are excited to celebrate this momentous occasion with you and thought what better way to do this than by having you be a part of the formal ceremony? We are looking to feature 2-3 graduates during the ceremony speeches and wanted to give you the opportunity to “audition” to be the speaker. The speeches will be prerecorded videos that will be embedded in the ceremony. The best news of all? Even if your video is not selected to be featured, it will still be linked to our commencement web page for you to direct all of your family and friends to watch. If you would like to participate, please send in videos that meet the following parameters by 9 pm, Wednesday, May 5.
Video Submission Parameters:
- 2-3 minute speech congratulating your fellow graduates, thanking/acknowledging those who supported you along the way, and any lessons learned or unique experiences you had at West Hills College Coaling.
- Film by zoom or cell phone. If you are using your cellphone, please make sure the orientation is landscape (horizontal). Make sure the camera is steady so use a stand or tripod if possible.
- Have a nice, neutral, and appropriate background. (At a desk or in the backyard/nature are nice options).
- Make sure you are filming in a quiet area, devoid of background noise that the video may pick up.
- If you have your regalia already, wear it. If not, please dress semiformal for the video.
- Send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receiving and reviewing your submission. Have fun with this and we will see you on Friday, May 28! Don’t forget to RSVP for the ceremony. For more information visit https://westhillscollege.com/coalinga/commencement/.