This finance-based career is perfect for those who love to stay organized and are good at math. West Hills College offers several degree and certificate programs in business that will help you become better prepared for a career as an Accountant.
What does an Accountant do?
As an Accountant, you will be responsible for making sure that all public records for a company are accurate and that taxes are paid on time and properly. You will also be responsible for creating and managing financial records. Accountants also act as advisors for their clients. You will be in positions where you give financial consultation to entire organizations or just individuals. You can also be found giving advice to your clients on health care benefits or on compensation.
Accountants will be expected to use various computer programs for their jobs, and West Hills College will help you become familiar with those programs. By taking on one of West Hills College’s many business degree programs, you will gain the skills necessary to become a successful Accountant!
What would I earn as an Accountant?
On average, in California in 2018, and annual salary for an Accountant was $76,678. Depending on the area that you live in the state, you can make up to $99,356!
West Hills Programs Offered Leading to this Career:
West Hills College Coalinga:
- Business Administration - West Hills College Coalinga
- Business Bookkeeping West Hills College Coalinga
- Business Management - West Hills College Coalinga
- Office Management and Technology- West Hills College Coalinga
West Hills College Lemoore
- Business Administration - West Hills College Lemoore
- Business Bookkeeping - West Hills College Lemoore
- Business Management - West Hills College Lemoore
- Business Office Technologies - West Hills College Lemoore
- Entrepreneurship - West Hills College Lemoore
Learn More About Our Business Programs