West Hills Students,
The West Hills philosophy is to preserve public health and the safety of our employees and students. Additional, important steps taken today are identified below. Please take a moment to review these and the updated timeline attachment to this communication.
- Effective March 31, 2020, we have extended the online delivery of classes through May 22, 2020.
- The May 22, 2020, date is specific to classes that may have finals through May 21 or 22, 2020. This does not apply to commencement.
- As of this writing, we have not cancelled commencement ceremonies. Every effort is being considered to preserve commencement ceremonies on May 21 and 22, 2020 at our colleges. Further information regarding commencement will be provided by mid-April.
- Effective March 31, 2020, all college/center/district office buildings are closed. All employees are to work remotely with the exception of essential, critical services staff. College presidents and district executive administrators are responsible for determining essential, critical services staff.
- Effective March 31, 2020, the remaining two child development centers (Coalinga and Lemoore) will close until further notice.
- Student resources will be available online via Zoom, phone, or by appointment in special circumstances only.
- All events to be held at any West Hills site remain cancelled.
Please remember the situation is extremely fluid and can change with very short notice. The best way to communicate with your campus is via the online virtual resources linked above.