T.E.A.M. Teach Fundraiser: Honor an Educator Pancake Breakfast-May 3rd
Get your tickets & sell some tickets to raise $ for books and scholarships
Tickets available now.. come and pick them up in WHCL Admin Building!
T.E.A.M. Teach Pancake Breakfast Fundraiser... Get Your Tix Now!
T.E.A.M. Teach will be hosting a fundraiser on Saturday, May 3rd from 9:00-11:00 and we need your help selling (or buying tickets)! The tickets are only $20 and for that ticket you get a pancake breakfast prepared by the WHC Lemoore Culinary program (pancakes, bacon, eggs, coffee, OJ), a stainless steel coffee mug, and musical entertainment. We will also have a 30 minute program at 10:00 where we are encouraging you to do a “Sixty Second Shout Out” to an educator who has helped you on your journey. You can come to purchase or pick up your tickets in the WHC Lemoore Administration building, just come on in and ask for Debbie Rose, Natalie Cruz, or Mr. Preston and we can sell you a ticket… or even better give you a book of tickets to sell! The money raised will go towards scholarships for T.E.A.M. Teach students and to purchasing textbooks for our textbook checkout program. Also, any T.E.A.M. Teach member who sells 5 or more tickets will get priority textbook checkout for the fall semester!
Save-the-Date for Spring 2014…. Check out Upcoming Events!
Please take a moment to mark your calendars for these upcoming spring events with T.E.A.M. Teach. More details about each event will be coming to your inbox very, very soon!
- Thursday, April 10th- Noon- Jobs in Education Huddle- find out about what education jobs are out there for you as you work towards your degree with guest speakers from Kings County Office of Education and the LIFE after school program.
- Saturday, May 3rd- 9:00 a.m.- Honor an Educator Pancake Breakfast Fundraiser- invite your favorite educator to come to our fundraiser event…Pancakes, Bacon, live bands, and a 60 second educator tribute contest… it’s gonna be awesome! Funds raised will go towards scholarships for T.E.A.M. Teach students and to updating our textbook checkout program.
- May 15th- Noon- Transfer/Graduation Celebration- a celebration lunch for our transfer and graduating students- Conference Center
Pathways to the Classroom Video- Check it Out!
Our T.E.A.M. Teach program has created a video that also shows you how to do this... check it out below.. and pass on the YouTube link to others who may be interested!
T.E.A.M. Teach Program at WHC Lemoore for Future Teachers!
Our T.E.A.M. Teach program has created a video to show you what our program is all about... check it out below.. and pass on the YouTube link to others who may be interested!
Record Turnout and Prime-Time Learning at Teach 2013!
What an awesome turnout and an awesome day of learning at Teach 2013! We had 130+ students attend throughout the day to hear from current educators about how to get to the classroom, how to prepare for interviews, jobs in education that you can do on your way to the classroom, and much more! I have posted some photos from the event below:
You can check als checkout the activities, presenters, and agenda for the day by going to the Teach 2013 Prezi that we designed:
Teach 2013 Prezi
You can follow the T.E.A.M. Teach program on Twitter by going to www.twitter.com/teamteach , or you can get text updates sent directly to your phone by texting follow team teach to 4040
Top 10 Reasons to Join T.E.A.M. Teach
- Textbook Check Out - Check out up to three textbooks a semester for free! Books will be available for check out the Wednesday before the semester begins! Saves you hundreds of $ each semester!
- Jobs - CTE tutors at local high schools, After School Programs, 5C Experience, AVID, and many other opportunities.
- University Partnerships - West Hills College has transfer partnerships and degree completion programs with Fresno Pacific and Fresno State. Take satellite courses, upper division coursework, and credential classes here on the WHC Lemoore campus.
- Mentor Connect- Mentor teachers will help guide you through the pipeline.
- CBEST Test Prep - Preparation classes for the CBEST test are offered annually.
- Counseling - A dedicated T.E.A.M. Teach counselor will meet with you on a regular basis to ensure you have the correct education plan for your chosen teacher pathway
- Monthly Huddles and Events- Each month the students in our program "huddle up" for information, food, and support. We also host an annual kickoff dinner, annual conferences, and other events to help you become a teacher!
- T.E.A.M. Teach Website- visit our website which has links to register for the program, education links, resources, videos, and other information. Go to teamteach.westhillscollege.com (no www or http required)
- T.E.A.M. Teach Updates- Twitter, Text, and E-mail- a monthly e-mail from the program, twitter updates, and texts keep you up-to-date on the latest T.E.A.M. Teach information. You can follow us on Twitter @ Twitter.com/teamteach or get text updates sent directly to your cell phone by texting "follow teamteach" to 40404.
- Learning Community Classes: during your first two semesters we have learning community classes available which share students, curriculum, and teachers to prepare you for your own classroom. The learning community classes features classes to help you learn teaching techniques and provide hands-on classroom experiences (Education 1 and Education 5), improve your communication skills (English 1A or 51A and Communications 1), and increase your technology skills (CIS 7).
Interested in Teaching in the CTE Field?
We have a grant to support students who are designated as a Career Technical Eduaction (CTE) pathway. This means that they want to teach in a career-related field such as Nursing, Culinary, Early Childhood Education, Business, AOJ, Agriculture, or other career-related fields. The credentialing for students in these CTE areas is different than that of a Multiple Subject (elementary) or Single Subject (junior high or high school) pathway. For more information on how to credential in this area or to check out the regional CTE credentialing program from Fresno Pacific check out the powerpoint and website links below!
Designated Subject Career Technical Education Credential Powerpoint
Fresno Pacific CTE Website
If you are interested in joining the program please use the Join the T.E.A.M. button and submit your information. You will be assigned a level and contacted with further information . The levels are as follows:
Rookie: Enrolled at West Hills College and interested in teaching
Single A: Complete EDUC 1, complete 1-3-5 plan, 30 hours of service in a k-12 classroom,
Double A: Complete 30+ units, current 1-3-5 plan, 60+ hours of service in a k-12 classroom, take CBEST.
Triple A: Transfer to 4-year university, working towards B.A. and teaching credential, take and pass state tests (CBEST/CSET/RICA)
Major Leagues: Prime-time teacher with either Preliminary Multiple Subject or Single Subject credential, working as mentor to college students (Job shadows, master teacher, etc.)
T.E.A.M (Teaming Educators, Administrators, and Mentors) Teach is a top-notch teacher development program that will provide a high quality education for our community through effective teaching practices and learning partnerships.T.E.A.M Teach creates a team approach to a successful college experience, college going advocacy and retention, and strengthening the 3 stages of the teacher education pipeline (recruit, travel, exit).