team.teach on Instagram!
We are now on Instagram.... pause for applause... you can follow us at team.teach!
T.E.A.M. Teach Textbook Checkout...Spring 2015
As a T.E.A.M. Teach member you are eligible to check out up to 3 textbooks per semester from our textbook checkout library. We have about 300 books and our program is first come, first served with a priority day for those who have earned priority. If you still have books from the fall semester please bring them to Mr. Preston in the administration building on Monday, January 5th. You must check in your fall books before you get your spring books. On our first day we checked out 180 books... but some books still remain and the remaining checkout days are below:
- Monday, January 12th from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
T.E.A.M. Teach Gives Back(Pack)!
Our 3rd annual “T.E.A.M. Teach Gives Back (Pack)” event resulted in 64 backpacks being donated! We sent out a delivery crew of T.E.A.M. Teach students (see picture above) to deliver the backpacks to students in our local schools this week and we have already heard back from some of the grateful students and school district personnel. Thanks to everyone who contributed… you have made a difference in the life of a child in our valley through your generosity.
Get Your Latest T.E.A.M. Teach info on Twitter........@teamteach
The 2015 T.E.A.M. Teach T-Shirt Design Challenge Winners!
Congratulations to Kimberlee Raulino and Carlos Berumen who won the T.E.A.M. Teach T-shirt design challenge. We will be combining their designs to create the coolest-most-awesome-phenomenal-fantastical t-shirt of all-time ever. How do you get one of these? Simple… attend 6 huddles in the 2014-2015 school year and it is yours! The designs are above and we will make a few minor revisions to them. Thanks to all who participated and you have earned priority textbook checkout if you did submit a design!
Save the Date- Spring 2015
Mark your calendars now for our monthly huddles for the spring semester. We serve free pizza at all our events and our time features T.E.A.M. Teach updates, challenges, guest speakers from the field of education and a chance to network with your fellow future teachers:
February Frenzy Huddle- Tuesday, February 3rd at Noon in the WHC Lemoore Conference Center
Epic Ed Plan Huddle- Tuesday, March 3rd at Noon in the WHC Lemoore Conference Center
The Central Vally University Road Trip- T.B.A.-- in March
Awesome April Huddle- Thursay, April 9th at Noon in the WHC Lemoore Conference Center
The Run-4-Education Race and Pancake Breakfast- Saturday, April 18th
T.E.A.M Teach Transfer/Graduation Celebration- Thursday, May 14th at noon in the WHC Lemoore Conference Center
T.E.A.M. Teach Program at WHC Lemoore for Future Teachers!
Our T.E.A.M. Teach program has created a video to show you what our program is all about... check it out below.. and pass on the YouTube link to others who may be interested!
5c Experience Gets HAPPY @ WHC Lemoore!
In June 2014 we hosted the 12th annual 5c Experience that provided a college experience for 148 6th-8th graders I want you to take a few moments to watch this “Happy” video that was put together by our students and staff. You will recognize many of the staff as they are members of our TEAM Teach program!
Epic Transfer/Celebration Huddle to Wrap Up Semester
Thanks to all of you who came to our #epichuddle on Thursday, May 15th.. we had a great turnout and celebrated well! Congratulations to all of our T.E.A.M. Teach peeps who are moving on and moving up... check out the photo of our graduation/transfer students and also the coolest cap at graduation that was worn by T.E.A.M. Teach member Kayla Meneses at #WHCLGrad2014!
Thanks for all your help at the 1st annual Honor-an-Educator Pancake Breakfast.. 99 tickets sold and $1,000 raised in scholarship money for students in our program!
Pathways to the Classroom Video- Check it Out!
Our T.E.A.M. Teach program has created a video that also shows you how to do this... check it out below.. and pass on the YouTube link to others who may be interested!
Top 10 Reasons to Join T.E.A.M. Teach
- Textbook Check Out - Check out up to three textbooks a semester for free! Books will be available for check out the Wednesday before the semester begins! Saves you hundreds of $ each semester!
- Jobs - CTE tutors at local high schools, After School Programs, 5C Experience, AVID, and many other opportunities.
- University Partnerships - West Hills College has transfer partnerships and degree completion programs with Fresno Pacific and Fresno State. Take satellite courses, upper division coursework, and credential classes here on the WHC Lemoore campus.
- Mentor Connect- Mentor teachers will help guide you through the pipeline.
- CBEST Test Prep - Preparation classes for the CBEST test are offered annually.
- Counseling - A dedicated T.E.A.M. Teach counselor will meet with you on a regular basis to ensure you have the correct education plan for your chosen teacher pathway
- Monthly Huddles and Events- Each month the students in our program "huddle up" for information, food, and support. We also host an annual kickoff dinner, annual conferences, and other events to help you become a teacher!
- T.E.A.M. Teach Website- visit our website which has links to register for the program, education links, resources, videos, and other information. Go to teamteach.westhillscollege.com (no www or http required)
- T.E.A.M. Teach Updates- Twitter, Text, and E-mail- a monthly e-mail from the program, twitter updates, and texts keep you up-to-date on the latest T.E.A.M. Teach information. You can follow us on Twitter @ Twitter.com/teamteach or get text updates sent directly to your cell phone by texting "follow teamteach" to 40404.
- Learning Community Classes: during your first two semesters we have learning community classes available which share students, curriculum, and teachers to prepare you for your own classroom. The learning community classes features classes to help you learn teaching techniques and provide hands-on classroom experiences (Education 1 and Education 5), improve your communication skills (English 1A or 51A and Communications 1), and increase your technology skills (CIS 7)
If you are interested in joining the program please use the Join the T.E.A.M. button and submit your information. You will be assigned a level and contacted with further information . The levels are as follows:
Rookie: Enrolled at West Hills College and interested in teaching
Single A: Complete EDUC 1, complete 1-3-5 plan, 30 hours of service in a k-12 classroom,
Double A: Complete 30+ units, current 1-3-5 plan, 60+ hours of service in a k-12 classroom, take CBEST.
Triple A: Transfer to 4-year university, working towards B.A. and teaching credential, take and pass state tests (CBEST/CSET/RICA)
Major Leagues: Prime-time teacher with either Preliminary Multiple Subject or Single Subject credential, working as mentor to college students (Job shadows, master teacher, etc.)
T.E.A.M (Teaming Educators, Administrators, and Mentors) Teach is a top-notch teacher development program that will provide a high quality education for our community through effective teaching practices and learning partnerships.T.E.A.M Teach creates a team approach to a successful college experience, college going advocacy and retention, and strengthening the 3 stages of the teacher education pipeline (recruit, travel, exit).