The 2015 T.E.A.M. Teach T-Shirt Design Challenge
Only a few more days until we announce the winner of the “Design the T.E.A.M. Teach T-Shirt Challenge 2015!” The pictures above are the logo that was the winner in 2013 and the last-place loser from 2013! We are asking you to create our t-shirt this year that will be given to all T.E.A.M. Teachers who attend 6 huddles or events during the 2014-2015 school year. The contest started officially at our last huddle and we will display and vote on the t-shirt designs at our October huddle (October 28th). You can submit your entry to Mr. Preston at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can bring the design to his office in the admin building… last day to bring in your design or e-mail it to Mr. P is Monday, October 27th. All students who enter the contest (or teams if you want to partner up in groups of 2 or 3) will get priority textbook checkout for the spring semester and the winner will get their design put on 100+ t-shirts in the spring! Get creative and come up with something that will inspire and encourage the next generation of teachers!
October Huddle- Trick-or-Treat with Brandman and T-Shirt Challenge
We will be having our third huddle of the semester in the WHC Lemoore Conference Center from Noon-12:50 p.m. on Tuesday, October 28th with our guest speaker being Shelsy Huchison who is an advisor from Brandman University in Hanford. She will be speaking with you about Brandman and their various programs for future teachers. Additionally, this Halloween-themed huddle will feature live voting for the winner of the t-shirt challenge, trick-or-treat candy, and as always we serve free pizza (bring your own beverage). If you attend 6 huddles this school year (14-15) you will get the new T.E.A.M. Teach t-shirt!
Get Your Latest T.E.A.M. Teach info on Twitter........@teamteach
Save the Date- Fall 2014
Mark your calendars now for our monthly huddles for the fall semester. We serve free pizza at all our events and our time features T.E.A.M. Teach updates, challenges, guest speakers from the field of education and a chance to network with your fellow future teachers:
Kickoff Huddle- Thursday, August 28th at Noon in the WHC Lemoore Conference Center
September Huddle- Tuesday, September 23rd in Room 209
October Huddle- Tuesday, October 28th at Noon in the WHC Lemoore Conference Center
November Huddle- Thursday, November 20th at Noon in the WHC Lemoore Conference Center
T.E.A.M Teach Gives Back(Pack) Celebration Huddle- Thursday, December 11th in the WHC Lemoore Conference Center
T.E.A.M. Teach Program at WHC Lemoore for Future Teachers!
Our T.E.A.M. Teach program has created a video to show you what our program is all about... check it out below.. and pass on the YouTube link to others who may be interested!
5c Experience Gets HAPPY @ WHC Lemoore!
In June 2014 we hosted the 12th annual 5c Experience that provided a college experience for 148 6th-8th graders I want you to take a few moments to watch this “Happy” video that was put together by our students and staff. You will recognize many of the staff as they are members of our TEAM Teach program!
Epic Transfer/Celebration Huddle to Wrap Up Semester
Thanks to all of you who came to our #epichuddle on Thursday, May 15th.. we had a great turnout and celebrated well! Congratulations to all of our T.E.A.M. Teach peeps who are moving on and moving up... check out the photo of our graduation/transfer students and also the coolest cap at graduation that was worn by T.E.A.M. Teach member Kayla Meneses at #WHCLGrad2014!
Thanks for all your help at the 1st annual Honor-an-Educator Pancake Breakfast.. 99 tickets sold and $1,000 raised in scholarship money for students in our program!
Pathways to the Classroom Video- Check it Out!
Our T.E.A.M. Teach program has created a video that also shows you how to do this... check it out below.. and pass on the YouTube link to others who may be interested!
Top 10 Reasons to Join T.E.A.M. Teach
- Textbook Check Out - Check out up to three textbooks a semester for free! Books will be available for check out the Wednesday before the semester begins! Saves you hundreds of $ each semester!
- Jobs - CTE tutors at local high schools, After School Programs, 5C Experience, AVID, and many other opportunities.
- University Partnerships - West Hills College has transfer partnerships and degree completion programs with Fresno Pacific and Fresno State. Take satellite courses, upper division coursework, and credential classes here on the WHC Lemoore campus.
- Mentor Connect- Mentor teachers will help guide you through the pipeline.
- CBEST Test Prep - Preparation classes for the CBEST test are offered annually.
- Counseling - A dedicated T.E.A.M. Teach counselor will meet with you on a regular basis to ensure you have the correct education plan for your chosen teacher pathway
- Monthly Huddles and Events- Each month the students in our program "huddle up" for information, food, and support. We also host an annual kickoff dinner, annual conferences, and other events to help you become a teacher!
- T.E.A.M. Teach Website- visit our website which has links to register for the program, education links, resources, videos, and other information. Go to teamteach.westhillscollege.com (no www or http required)
- T.E.A.M. Teach Updates- Twitter, Text, and E-mail- a monthly e-mail from the program, twitter updates, and texts keep you up-to-date on the latest T.E.A.M. Teach information. You can follow us on Twitter @ Twitter.com/teamteach or get text updates sent directly to your cell phone by texting "follow teamteach" to 40404.
- Learning Community Classes: during your first two semesters we have learning community classes available which share students, curriculum, and teachers to prepare you for your own classroom. The learning community classes features classes to help you learn teaching techniques and provide hands-on classroom experiences (Education 1 and Education 5), improve your communication skills (English 1A or 51A and Communications 1), and increase your technology skills (CIS 7)
If you are interested in joining the program please use the Join the T.E.A.M. button and submit your information. You will be assigned a level and contacted with further information . The levels are as follows:
Rookie: Enrolled at West Hills College and interested in teaching
Single A: Complete EDUC 1, complete 1-3-5 plan, 30 hours of service in a k-12 classroom,
Double A: Complete 30+ units, current 1-3-5 plan, 60+ hours of service in a k-12 classroom, take CBEST.
Triple A: Transfer to 4-year university, working towards B.A. and teaching credential, take and pass state tests (CBEST/CSET/RICA)
Major Leagues: Prime-time teacher with either Preliminary Multiple Subject or Single Subject credential, working as mentor to college students (Job shadows, master teacher, etc.)
T.E.A.M (Teaming Educators, Administrators, and Mentors) Teach is a top-notch teacher development program that will provide a high quality education for our community through effective teaching practices and learning partnerships.T.E.A.M Teach creates a team approach to a successful college experience, college going advocacy and retention, and strengthening the 3 stages of the teacher education pipeline (recruit, travel, exit).