T.E.A.M. Teach Gives Back(Pack) Get Involved and Give Back...75!
This holiday season the T.E.A.M. Teach program will be reaching out to the community by doing our 3rd annual “T.E.A.M. Teach Gives Back (Pack)” event. Last December our program was able to provide 50 backpacks to students in our local schools and they were delivered in-person by a group of our T.E.A.M. teach students. The challenge this year is to get to 75 or more backpacks donated and delivered. If you want to get involved you can purchase a backpack (and fill it with school supplies if you want) and then drop it off at the T.E.A.M. Teach huddle on Thursday, December 11th from 11:00-1:00 in the WHC Lemoore Conference Center. T.E.A.M. Teach students who donate a backpack will get awarded priority textbook checkout for the spring semester. Another way to earn priority textbook checkout is to volunteer to be part of the delivery crew. You can e-mail Mr. P at email@example.com if you want to be on the delivery crew. We will providing sandwiches from Subway, showing the movie “Elf”, and having an ugly sweater contest during this block of time at our huddle. You can follow the T.E.A.M. Teach program on Twitter using @teamteach and you can follow the conversation and post your pictures about this event on Twitter and Instagram using:
T.E.A.M. Teach Textbook Check-In and Check-Out Hours!
If you were one of the 100+ T.E.A.M. Teach members who took advantage of our textbook checkout program this semester then be sure to return your books during our huddle or during finals week to our textbook checkout closet located in the WHC Lemoore Library in the tutoring cove. We have staff available to check your books in on the following dates:
- Monday, December 15th- 12:00 p.m.-2:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 16th- 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 17th- 12:00 p.m.-2:30 p.m.
- Thursday, December 18th- 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- Friday, December 20th- 9:00 a.m.-Noon
We have grant funds to purchase some new books, so there should be plenty available for the spring and as a T.E.A.M. Teach member you can check out up to 3 textbooks based on availability. You cannot check out books for spring unless you return your books from fall in by Friday, December 19th! Watch your e-mail and the website for details about textbook checkout which will take place the week before the semester starts!
The 2015 T.E.A.M. Teach T-Shirt Design Challenge Winners!
Congratulations to Kimberlee Raulino and Carlos Berumen who won the T.E.A.M. Teach T-shirt design challenge. We will be combining their designs to create the coolest-most-awesome-phenomenal-fantastical t-shirt of all-time ever. How do you get one of these? Simple… attend 6 huddles in the 2014-2015 school year and it is yours! The designs are above and we will make a few minor revisions to them. Thanks to all who participated and you have earned priority textbook checkout if you did submit a design!
Get Your Latest T.E.A.M. Teach info on Twitter........@teamteach
Save the Date- Fall 2014
Mark your calendars now for our monthly huddles for the fall semester. We serve free pizza at all our events and our time features T.E.A.M. Teach updates, challenges, guest speakers from the field of education and a chance to network with your fellow future teachers:
Kickoff Huddle- Thursday, August 28th at Noon in the WHC Lemoore Conference Center
September Huddle- Tuesday, September 23rd in Room 209
October Huddle- Tuesday, October 28th at Noon in the WHC Lemoore Conference Center
November Huddle- Thursday, November 20th at Noon in the WHC Lemoore Conference Center
T.E.A.M Teach Gives Back(Pack) Celebration Huddle- Thursday, December 11th in the WHC Lemoore Conference Center
T.E.A.M. Teach Program at WHC Lemoore for Future Teachers!
Our T.E.A.M. Teach program has created a video to show you what our program is all about... check it out below.. and pass on the YouTube link to others who may be interested!
5c Experience Gets HAPPY @ WHC Lemoore!
In June 2014 we hosted the 12th annual 5c Experience that provided a college experience for 148 6th-8th graders I want you to take a few moments to watch this “Happy” video that was put together by our students and staff. You will recognize many of the staff as they are members of our TEAM Teach program!
Epic Transfer/Celebration Huddle to Wrap Up Semester
Thanks to all of you who came to our #epichuddle on Thursday, May 15th.. we had a great turnout and celebrated well! Congratulations to all of our T.E.A.M. Teach peeps who are moving on and moving up... check out the photo of our graduation/transfer students and also the coolest cap at graduation that was worn by T.E.A.M. Teach member Kayla Meneses at #WHCLGrad2014!
Thanks for all your help at the 1st annual Honor-an-Educator Pancake Breakfast.. 99 tickets sold and $1,000 raised in scholarship money for students in our program!
Pathways to the Classroom Video- Check it Out!
Our T.E.A.M. Teach program has created a video that also shows you how to do this... check it out below.. and pass on the YouTube link to others who may be interested!
Top 10 Reasons to Join T.E.A.M. Teach
- Textbook Check Out - Check out up to three textbooks a semester for free! Books will be available for check out the Wednesday before the semester begins! Saves you hundreds of $ each semester!
- Jobs - CTE tutors at local high schools, After School Programs, 5C Experience, AVID, and many other opportunities.
- University Partnerships - West Hills College has transfer partnerships and degree completion programs with Fresno Pacific and Fresno State. Take satellite courses, upper division coursework, and credential classes here on the WHC Lemoore campus.
- Mentor Connect- Mentor teachers will help guide you through the pipeline.
- CBEST Test Prep - Preparation classes for the CBEST test are offered annually.
- Counseling - A dedicated T.E.A.M. Teach counselor will meet with you on a regular basis to ensure you have the correct education plan for your chosen teacher pathway
- Monthly Huddles and Events- Each month the students in our program "huddle up" for information, food, and support. We also host an annual kickoff dinner, annual conferences, and other events to help you become a teacher!
- T.E.A.M. Teach Website- visit our website which has links to register for the program, education links, resources, videos, and other information. Go to teamteach.westhillscollege.com (no www or http required)
- T.E.A.M. Teach Updates- Twitter, Text, and E-mail- a monthly e-mail from the program, twitter updates, and texts keep you up-to-date on the latest T.E.A.M. Teach information. You can follow us on Twitter @ Twitter.com/teamteach or get text updates sent directly to your cell phone by texting "follow teamteach" to 40404.
- Learning Community Classes: during your first two semesters we have learning community classes available which share students, curriculum, and teachers to prepare you for your own classroom. The learning community classes features classes to help you learn teaching techniques and provide hands-on classroom experiences (Education 1 and Education 5), improve your communication skills (English 1A or 51A and Communications 1), and increase your technology skills (CIS 7)
If you are interested in joining the program please use the Join the T.E.A.M. button and submit your information. You will be assigned a level and contacted with further information . The levels are as follows:
Rookie: Enrolled at West Hills College and interested in teaching
Single A: Complete EDUC 1, complete 1-3-5 plan, 30 hours of service in a k-12 classroom,
Double A: Complete 30+ units, current 1-3-5 plan, 60+ hours of service in a k-12 classroom, take CBEST.
Triple A: Transfer to 4-year university, working towards B.A. and teaching credential, take and pass state tests (CBEST/CSET/RICA)
Major Leagues: Prime-time teacher with either Preliminary Multiple Subject or Single Subject credential, working as mentor to college students (Job shadows, master teacher, etc.)
T.E.A.M (Teaming Educators, Administrators, and Mentors) Teach is a top-notch teacher development program that will provide a high quality education for our community through effective teaching practices and learning partnerships.T.E.A.M Teach creates a team approach to a successful college experience, college going advocacy and retention, and strengthening the 3 stages of the teacher education pipeline (recruit, travel, exit).