Ed-Plan-a-Palooza Huddle on March 18th in Room 719…RSVP
Did you know that in order to get priority registration you need to have an updated Student Education Plan (SEP) on file? This year it will be key to get priority status as our college moves to a new registration model called REG 365 where you will register for summer, fall, and spring semesters. Our huddle on Tuesday, March 18th from 11:30-1:00 in Room 719 will feature our counselor Eva Jimenez who will preview the schedule for next year and help you to update your SEPs so that you have priority registration. You need to RSVP directly to Eva by e-mailing her your name and student ID# to firstname.lastname@example.org . Eva will pull your student file and bring it so you will be ready to update your SEP at our event. Free pizza will be served and for many of you this will be your 6th huddle of the year which means you get your T.E.A.M. Teach t-shirt! You have until Monday, March 17th to RSVP for this event… so e-mail Eva today!
T.E.A.M. Teach Road Trip- The Central Valley University Tour!
We will be loading up a couple of SUVs and a college van to take a road trip and tour the Fresno State, Fresno Pacific, and Brandman college campuses on Friday, March 28th. We will leave WHC Lemoore at 8:00 a.m. and return to the college at 4:00 p.m. We only have 25 seats available, so to reserve your spot you have to be one of the first 25 students to RSVP to our T.E.A.M. Teach advisor, Rita Herghelian. You can e-mail her at email@example.com to reserve your spot and be sure to include your first name, last name, contact phone #, and possible transfer universities when you e-mail her.
Save-the-Date for Spring 2014…. Check out Upcoming Events!
Please take a moment to mark your calendars for these upcoming spring events with T.E.A.M. Teach. More details about each event will be coming to your inbox very, very soon!
- Thursday, April 10th- Noon- Jobs in Education Huddle- find out about what education jobs are out there for you as you work towards your degree with guest speakers from Kings County Office of Education and the LIFE after school program.
- Saturday, May 3rd- 9:00 a.m.- Honor an Educator Pancake Breakfast Fundraiser- invite your favorite educator to come to our fundraiser event…Pancakes, Bacon, live bands, and a 60 second educator tribute contest… it’s gonna be awesome! Funds raised will go towards scholarships for T.E.A.M. Teach students and to updating our textbook checkout program.
- May 15th- Noon- Transfer/Graduation Celebration- a celebration lunch for our transfer and graduating students- Conference Center
Pathways to the Classroom Video- Check it Out!
Our T.E.A.M. Teach program has created a video that also shows you how to do this... check it out below.. and pass on the YouTube link to others who may be interested!
T.E.A.M. Teach Program at WHC Lemoore for Future Teachers!
Our T.E.A.M. Teach program has created a video to show you what our program is all about... check it out below.. and pass on the YouTube link to others who may be interested!
Record Turnout and Prime-Time Learning at Teach 2013!
What an awesome turnout and an awesome day of learning at Teach 2013! We had 130+ students attend throughout the day to hear from current educators about how to get to the classroom, how to prepare for interviews, jobs in education that you can do on your way to the classroom, and much more! I have posted some photos from the event below:
You can check als checkout the activities, presenters, and agenda for the day by going to the Teach 2013 Prezi that we designed:
Teach 2013 Prezi
You can follow the T.E.A.M. Teach program on Twitter by going to www.twitter.com/teamteach , or you can get text updates sent directly to your phone by texting follow team teach to 4040
Top 10 Reasons to Join T.E.A.M. Teach
- Textbook Check Out - Check out up to three textbooks a semester for free! Books will be available for check out the Wednesday before the semester begins! Saves you hundreds of $ each semester!
- Jobs - CTE tutors at local high schools, After School Programs, 5C Experience, AVID, and many other opportunities.
- University Partnerships - West Hills College has transfer partnerships and degree completion programs with Fresno Pacific and Fresno State. Take satellite courses, upper division coursework, and credential classes here on the WHC Lemoore campus.
- Mentor Connect- Mentor teachers will help guide you through the pipeline.
- CBEST Test Prep - Preparation classes for the CBEST test are offered annually.
- Counseling - A dedicated T.E.A.M. Teach counselor will meet with you on a regular basis to ensure you have the correct education plan for your chosen teacher pathway
- Monthly Huddles and Events- Each month the students in our program "huddle up" for information, food, and support. We also host an annual kickoff dinner, annual conferences, and other events to help you become a teacher!
- T.E.A.M. Teach Website- visit our website which has links to register for the program, education links, resources, videos, and other information. Go to teamteach.westhillscollege.com (no www or http required)
- T.E.A.M. Teach Updates- Twitter, Text, and E-mail- a monthly e-mail from the program, twitter updates, and texts keep you up-to-date on the latest T.E.A.M. Teach information. You can follow us on Twitter @ Twitter.com/teamteach or get text updates sent directly to your cell phone by texting "follow teamteach" to 40404.
- Learning Community Classes: during your first two semesters we have learning community classes available which share students, curriculum, and teachers to prepare you for your own classroom. The learning community classes features classes to help you learn teaching techniques and provide hands-on classroom experiences (Education 1 and Education 5), improve your communication skills (English 1A or 51A and Communications 1), and increase your technology skills (CIS 7).
Interested in Teaching in the CTE Field?
We have a grant to support students who are designated as a Career Technical Eduaction (CTE) pathway. This means that they want to teach in a career-related field such as Nursing, Culinary, Early Childhood Education, Business, AOJ, Agriculture, or other career-related fields. The credentialing for students in these CTE areas is different than that of a Multiple Subject (elementary) or Single Subject (junior high or high school) pathway. For more information on how to credential in this area or to check out the regional CTE credentialing program from Fresno Pacific check out the powerpoint and website links below!
Designated Subject Career Technical Education Credential Powerpoint
Fresno Pacific CTE Website
If you are interested in joining the program please use the Join the T.E.A.M. button and submit your information. You will be assigned a level and contacted with further information . The levels are as follows:
Rookie: Enrolled at West Hills College and interested in teaching
Single A: Complete EDUC 1, complete 1-3-5 plan, 30 hours of service in a k-12 classroom,
Double A: Complete 30+ units, current 1-3-5 plan, 60+ hours of service in a k-12 classroom, take CBEST.
Triple A: Transfer to 4-year university, working towards B.A. and teaching credential, take and pass state tests (CBEST/CSET/RICA)
Major Leagues: Prime-time teacher with either Preliminary Multiple Subject or Single Subject credential, working as mentor to college students (Job shadows, master teacher, etc.)
T.E.A.M (Teaming Educators, Administrators, and Mentors) Teach is a top-notch teacher development program that will provide a high quality education for our community through effective teaching practices and learning partnerships.T.E.A.M Teach creates a team approach to a successful college experience, college going advocacy and retention, and strengthening the 3 stages of the teacher education pipeline (recruit, travel, exit).