New Date for Epic Ed Plan Huddle... See you March 10th at Noon!
Our March huddle will take place in the WHC Lemoore Conference Center from Noon-12:50 p.m. on Tuesday, March 10th. The huddle with feature our counselor, Tiffani Gonzales, who will talk with you about the registration timeline for your 2015-2016 classes, take appointments so you can meet with her to get your Student Education Plan (SEP) done, explain how to put classes on your preferred list, and break down the right classes to take to get your Elementary Teacher Prep transfer degree or other AA degrees. We serve free pizza (bring your own beverage) and if you attend 6 huddles this school year (14-15) you get a T.E.A.M. Teach t-shirt! The new t-shirts will be ready early next week and you can claim them and pick them up from Rita Herghelian with your t-shirt ticket… or just come and pick it up at the March 10th huddle. Check them out below…they rock…just sayin’!
Central Valley Rooooooad Trip.... Register by March 11th to visit FPU and CSUF!
We will be loading up a couple of vans (or SUVs, or a bus!) and taking a trip to Fresno Pacific University and Fresno State on Friday, March 20th. Each college will give us a tour, answer questions about their teacher education programs, and they usually give us some food and cool gear JTo reserve your spot you need to e-mail our T.E.A.M. Teach advisor, Rita Herghelian at email@example.com and let her know you want to go. The deadline to sign up is March 11th and this will count as a huddle towards your getting your t-shirt! Below is an itinerary for the day… it is a great day to visit some of your future universities and decide which one is right for you:
7:30- meet @ WHC Lemoore
8:30-9:30- Visit Fresno Pacific University Center in Visalia
9:30-10:30- Drive to Fresno State
10:30-1:00 – Presentation, Tour, and Lunch at Fresno State
1:00-1:30 – Drive to Fresno Pacific University
1:30-3:00- Fresno Pacific University Presentation and Tour
3:00-4:00- Travel back to WHC Lemoore
team.teach on Instagram!
We are now on Instagram.... pause for applause... you can follow us at team.teach!
Save the Date- Spring 2015
Mark your calendars now for our monthly huddles for the spring semester. We serve free pizza at all our events and our time features T.E.A.M. Teach updates, challenges, guest speakers from the field of education and a chance to network with your fellow future teachers:
February Frenzy Huddle- Tuesday, February 3rd at Noon in the WHC Lemoore Conference Center
Epic Ed Plan Huddle- Tuesday, March 10th at Noon in the WHC Lemoore Conference Center
The Central Vally University Road Trip- Friday, March 20th
Awesome April Huddle- Thursay, April 9th at Noon in the WHC Lemoore Conference Center
The Run-4-Education Race and Pancake Breakfast- Saturday, April 18th
T.E.A.M Teach Transfer/Graduation Celebration- Thursday, May 14th at noon in the WHC Lemoore Conference Center
T.E.A.M. Teach Gives Back(Pack)!
Our 3rd annual “T.E.A.M. Teach Gives Back (Pack)” event resulted in 64 backpacks being donated! We sent out a delivery crew of T.E.A.M. Teach students (see picture above) to deliver the backpacks to students in our local schools this week and we have already heard back from some of the grateful students and school district personnel. Thanks to everyone who contributed… you have made a difference in the life of a child in our valley through your generosity.
Get Your Latest T.E.A.M. Teach info on Twitter........@teamteach
The 2015 T.E.A.M. Teach T-Shirt Design Challenge Winners!
Congratulations to Kimberlee Raulino and Carlos Berumen who won the T.E.A.M. Teach T-shirt design challenge. We will be combining their designs to create the coolest-most-awesome-phenomenal-fantastical t-shirt of all-time ever. How do you get one of these? Simple… attend 6 huddles in the 2014-2015 school year and it is yours! The designs are above and we will make a few minor revisions to them. Thanks to all who participated and you have earned priority textbook checkout if you did submit a design!
T.E.A.M. Teach Program at WHC Lemoore for Future Teachers!
Our T.E.A.M. Teach program has created a video to show you what our program is all about... check it out below.. and pass on the YouTube link to others who may be interested!
5c Experience Gets HAPPY @ WHC Lemoore!
In June 2014 we hosted the 12th annual 5c Experience that provided a college experience for 148 6th-8th graders I want you to take a few moments to watch this “Happy” video that was put together by our students and staff. You will recognize many of the staff as they are members of our TEAM Teach program!
Epic Transfer/Celebration Huddle to Wrap Up Semester
Thanks to all of you who came to our #epichuddle on Thursday, May 15th.. we had a great turnout and celebrated well! Congratulations to all of our T.E.A.M. Teach peeps who are moving on and moving up... check out the photo of our graduation/transfer students and also the coolest cap at graduation that was worn by T.E.A.M. Teach member Kayla Meneses at #WHCLGrad2014!
Thanks for all your help at the 1st annual Honor-an-Educator Pancake Breakfast.. 99 tickets sold and $1,000 raised in scholarship money for students in our program!
Pathways to the Classroom Video- Check it Out!
Our T.E.A.M. Teach program has created a video that also shows you how to do this... check it out below.. and pass on the YouTube link to others who may be interested!
Top 10 Reasons to Join T.E.A.M. Teach
- Textbook Check Out - Check out up to three textbooks a semester for free! Books will be available for check out the Wednesday before the semester begins! Saves you hundreds of $ each semester!
- Jobs - CTE tutors at local high schools, After School Programs, 5C Experience, AVID, and many other opportunities.
- University Partnerships - West Hills College has transfer partnerships and degree completion programs with Fresno Pacific and Fresno State. Take satellite courses, upper division coursework, and credential classes here on the WHC Lemoore campus.
- Mentor Connect- Mentor teachers will help guide you through the pipeline.
- CBEST Test Prep - Preparation classes for the CBEST test are offered annually.
- Counseling - A dedicated T.E.A.M. Teach counselor will meet with you on a regular basis to ensure you have the correct education plan for your chosen teacher pathway
- Monthly Huddles and Events- Each month the students in our program "huddle up" for information, food, and support. We also host an annual kickoff dinner, annual conferences, and other events to help you become a teacher!
- T.E.A.M. Teach Website- visit our website which has links to register for the program, education links, resources, videos, and other information. Go to teamteach.westhillscollege.com (no www or http required)
- T.E.A.M. Teach Updates- Twitter, Text, and E-mail- a monthly e-mail from the program, twitter updates, and texts keep you up-to-date on the latest T.E.A.M. Teach information. You can follow us on Twitter @ Twitter.com/teamteach or get text updates sent directly to your cell phone by texting "follow teamteach" to 40404.
- Learning Community Classes: during your first two semesters we have learning community classes available which share students, curriculum, and teachers to prepare you for your own classroom. The learning community classes features classes to help you learn teaching techniques and provide hands-on classroom experiences (Education 1 and Education 5), improve your communication skills (English 1A or 51A and Communications 1), and increase your technology skills (CIS 7)
If you are interested in joining the program please use the Join the T.E.A.M. button and submit your information. You will be assigned a level and contacted with further information . The levels are as follows:
Rookie: Enrolled at West Hills College and interested in teaching
Single A: Complete EDUC 1, complete 1-3-5 plan, 30 hours of service in a k-12 classroom,
Double A: Complete 30+ units, current 1-3-5 plan, 60+ hours of service in a k-12 classroom, take CBEST.
Triple A: Transfer to 4-year university, working towards B.A. and teaching credential, take and pass state tests (CBEST/CSET/RICA)
Major Leagues: Prime-time teacher with either Preliminary Multiple Subject or Single Subject credential, working as mentor to college students (Job shadows, master teacher, etc.)
T.E.A.M (Teaming Educators, Administrators, and Mentors) Teach is a top-notch teacher development program that will provide a high quality education for our community through effective teaching practices and learning partnerships.T.E.A.M Teach creates a team approach to a successful college experience, college going advocacy and retention, and strengthening the 3 stages of the teacher education pipeline (recruit, travel, exit).