Kickoff Huddle on August 28th...Be There!
We will be having our first huddle of the semester in the WHC Lemoore Conference Center from Noon-12:50 p.m. on Thursday, August 28th. The huddle with feature information about events coming up this semester, introduction to our staff, and fun ice-breakers so you can get to know each other! We serve free pizza (bring your own beverage) and if you attend 6 huddles this school year (14-15) you get a T.E.A.M. Teach t-shirt!
Get Your Latest T.E.A.M. Teach info on Twitter........@teamteach
Save the Date- Fall 2014
Mark your calendars now for our monthly huddles for the fall semester. We serve free pizza at all our events and our time features T.E.A.M. Teach updates, challenges, guest speakers from the field of education and a chance to network with your fellow future teachers:
Kickoff Huddle- Thursday, August 28th at Noon in the WHC Lemoore Conference Center
September Huddle- Tuesday, September 23rd in Room 209
October Huddle- Tuesday, October 28th at Noon in the WHC Lemoore Conference Center
November Huddle- Thursday, November 20th at Noon in the WHC Lemoore Conference Center
T.E.A.M Teach Gives Back(Pack) Celebration Huddle- Thursday, December 11th in the WHC Lemoore Conference Center
T.E.A.M. Teach Program at WHC Lemoore for Future Teachers!
Our T.E.A.M. Teach program has created a video to show you what our program is all about... check it out below.. and pass on the YouTube link to others who may be interested!
Textbook Checkout...Books Still Available!
Last week we checked out 190 books to our students, but we still have quite a few available for the following: EDUC 5, Psych 1, Math 25, Psych 3, Music 42… and a few other classes. As a TEAM Teach member you can check out up to 3 books for the semester. You can e-mail Mr. Preston at firstname.lastname@example.org to check to see what we have left…or come by our textbook checkout closet located in the library on the following days and times this week to check out what we have:
- Tuesday, August 19th- Noon-2:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 20th- 10:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
- Thursday, August 21st- Noon-2:00 p.m.
- Friday, August 22nd- 9:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
5c Experience Gets HAPPY @ WHC Lemoore!
We just wrapped up our 12th annual 5c Experience that provided a college experience for 148 6th-8th graders the past 2 weeks at WHC Lemoore. I want you to take a few moments to watch this “Happy” video that was put together by our students and staff. You will recognize many of the staff as they are members of our TEAM Teach program!
Epic Transfer/Celebration Huddle to Wrap Up Semester
Thanks to all of you who came to our #epichuddle on Thursday, May 15th.. we had a great turnout and celebrated well! Congratulations to all of our T.E.A.M. Teach peeps who are moving on and moving up... check out the photo of our graduation/transfer students and also the coolest cap at graduation that was worn by T.E.A.M. Teach member Kayla Meneses at #WHCLGrad2014!
Thanks for all your help at the 1st annual Honor-an-Educator Pancake Breakfast.. 99 tickets sold and $1,000 raised in scholarship money for students in our program!
Pathways to the Classroom Video- Check it Out!
Our T.E.A.M. Teach program has created a video that also shows you how to do this... check it out below.. and pass on the YouTube link to others who may be interested!
Record Turnout and Prime-Time Learning at Teach 2013!
What an awesome turnout and an awesome day of learning at Teach 2013! We had 130+ students attend throughout the day to hear from current educators about how to get to the classroom, how to prepare for interviews, jobs in education that you can do on your way to the classroom, and much more! I have posted some photos from the event below:
You can check als checkout the activities, presenters, and agenda for the day by going to the Teach 2013 Prezi that we designed:
Teach 2013 Prezi
Top 10 Reasons to Join T.E.A.M. Teach
- Textbook Check Out - Check out up to three textbooks a semester for free! Books will be available for check out the Wednesday before the semester begins! Saves you hundreds of $ each semester!
- Jobs - CTE tutors at local high schools, After School Programs, 5C Experience, AVID, and many other opportunities.
- University Partnerships - West Hills College has transfer partnerships and degree completion programs with Fresno Pacific and Fresno State. Take satellite courses, upper division coursework, and credential classes here on the WHC Lemoore campus.
- Mentor Connect- Mentor teachers will help guide you through the pipeline.
- CBEST Test Prep - Preparation classes for the CBEST test are offered annually.
- Counseling - A dedicated T.E.A.M. Teach counselor will meet with you on a regular basis to ensure you have the correct education plan for your chosen teacher pathway
- Monthly Huddles and Events- Each month the students in our program "huddle up" for information, food, and support. We also host an annual kickoff dinner, annual conferences, and other events to help you become a teacher!
- T.E.A.M. Teach Website- visit our website which has links to register for the program, education links, resources, videos, and other information. Go to teamteach.westhillscollege.com (no www or http required)
- T.E.A.M. Teach Updates- Twitter, Text, and E-mail- a monthly e-mail from the program, twitter updates, and texts keep you up-to-date on the latest T.E.A.M. Teach information. You can follow us on Twitter @ Twitter.com/teamteach or get text updates sent directly to your cell phone by texting "follow teamteach" to 40404.
- Learning Community Classes: during your first two semesters we have learning community classes available which share students, curriculum, and teachers to prepare you for your own classroom. The learning community classes features classes to help you learn teaching techniques and provide hands-on classroom experiences (Education 1 and Education 5), improve your communication skills (English 1A or 51A and Communications 1), and increase your technology skills (CIS 7).
Interested in Teaching in the CTE Field?
We have a grant to support students who are designated as a Career Technical Eduaction (CTE) pathway. This means that they want to teach in a career-related field such as Nursing, Culinary, Early Childhood Education, Business, AOJ, Agriculture, or other career-related fields. The credentialing for students in these CTE areas is different than that of a Multiple Subject (elementary) or Single Subject (junior high or high school) pathway. For more information on how to credential in this area or to check out the regional CTE credentialing program from Fresno Pacific check out the powerpoint and website links below!
Designated Subject Career Technical Education Credential Powerpoint
Fresno Pacific CTE Website
If you are interested in joining the program please use the Join the T.E.A.M. button and submit your information. You will be assigned a level and contacted with further information . The levels are as follows:
Rookie: Enrolled at West Hills College and interested in teaching
Single A: Complete EDUC 1, complete 1-3-5 plan, 30 hours of service in a k-12 classroom,
Double A: Complete 30+ units, current 1-3-5 plan, 60+ hours of service in a k-12 classroom, take CBEST.
Triple A: Transfer to 4-year university, working towards B.A. and teaching credential, take and pass state tests (CBEST/CSET/RICA)
Major Leagues: Prime-time teacher with either Preliminary Multiple Subject or Single Subject credential, working as mentor to college students (Job shadows, master teacher, etc.)
T.E.A.M (Teaming Educators, Administrators, and Mentors) Teach is a top-notch teacher development program that will provide a high quality education for our community through effective teaching practices and learning partnerships.T.E.A.M Teach creates a team approach to a successful college experience, college going advocacy and retention, and strengthening the 3 stages of the teacher education pipeline (recruit, travel, exit).