Top 8 Reasons to Join T.E.A.M. Teach
- Textbook Check Out - Check out up to three textbooks a semester for free! Books will be available for check out the Wednesday before the semester begins! Saves you hundreds of $ each semester! Jobs - CTE tutors at local high schools, After School Programs, 5C Experience, AVID, and many other opportunities.
- University Partnerships - West Hills College has transfer partnerships and degree completion programs with Fresno Pacific and Fresno State. Take satellite courses, upper division coursework, and credential classes here on the WHC Lemoore campus.
- Mentor Connect- Mentor teachers will help guide you through the pipeline.
- CBEST Test Prep - Preparation classes for the CBEST test are offered annually.
- Counseling - A dedicated T.E.A.M. Teach counselor will meet with you on a regular basis to ensure you have the correct education plan for your chosen teacher pathway
- Monthly Huddles and Events- Each month the students in our program "huddle up" for information, food, and support. We also host an annual kickoff dinner, annual conferences, and other events to help you become a teacher!
- T.E.A.M. Teach Website- visit our website which has links to register for the program, education links, resources, videos, and other information. Go to teamteach.westhillscollege.com (no www or http required)
- T.E.A.M. Teach Updates- Twitter, Instagram, Text, and E-mail- a monthly e-mail from the program, follow us on Instagram (@team.teach)twitter updates, and texts keep you up-to-date on the latest T.E.A.M. Teach information. You can follow us on Twitter @ Twitter.com/teamteach or get text updates sent directly to your cell phone by texting "follow teamteach" to 40404.
Be sure to follow TEAM Teach to get your social media info regarding TEAM Teach and campus events!
Follow us on @team.teach
Follow us on @teamteach
T.E.A.M. Teach- December 2017!
Final Huddle: T.E.A.M. Teach Gives Back (Pack) Challenge!
Time to finish strong, get in the giving spirit, and come and chill out with us and eat pizza! We will our final huddle of the semester on Thursday, December 7th from Noon-12:50 p.m. in the WHC Lemoore Conference Center. We want to challenge you to work with a group of people to fund and purchase a backpack(s) filled with school supplies. The past four years we have collected a combined total of 330 backpacks for students in our community and last year we set a new record with 93 backpacks donated and delivered! The challenge this year is to get to 100 or more backpacks and backpack providers will get on our priority textbook checkout list for the spring! The huddle officially starts at noon, but the conference center will be open starting at 11:30 a.m. for you to drop off backpacks, eat pizza, watch Elf, and get into the seasonal spirit. We serve free pizza at our huddles (bring your own beverage) and will wrap up our semester with a raffle/prizes! If you can’t make it to the huddle feel free to drop of your backpack with Mr. P (admin building), Tiffani Gonzales (admin building), or with Cristina Cardoso at the WIN Center (Room 275) prior to December 7th. Our Educators Rising club, Mrs. Turmon, and Coach Picchi will be hosting the huddle and immediately following the huddle our Educators Rising club members and other volunteers will deliver backpacks to our community partners!
T.E.A.M. Teach- October 2017!
The TEACH! 2017 conference will take place on Friday, November 3rd from 9:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. and is for those interested in getting in to the field of education. The goal of this event is to:
There are only 150 seats available so sign up now! Lunch and prizes are just a part of this epic day and there is no cost to attend. The event is for high school and college students, as well as community members interested in going in to education!
Register Now at this Link: https://teach2017.eventbrite.com
Save the Date: Fall 2017!
Here are the dates for some upcoming T.E.A.M. Teach events for this semester. Get them on your calendar, onto your phone, and into your planner!
Thursday, August 31st- Kickoff Huddle- Room 719- Noon-12:50 p.m.
We had a great turnout at our final huddle and celebrated our T.E.A.M. Teach students who are graduating and transferring. I want to congratulate you on all your hard work and you are one step closer to getting into your own classroom and positively impacting the next generation! Congratulations also go out to our annual T.E.A.M. Teach award winners: Crystal Santos (Future Teacher of the Year), Sarena Foreman (Dean’s Award), Patty Luna and Julianne Llamas (the co-recipients of the Community Impact Award).
West Hills College Lemoore T.E.A.M. Teach Partners with Teach California!
California faces a shortage of special education, mathematics, and science teachers. With a special focus on these shortage areas, the TEACH California Web site is designed to recruit individuals to the profession of teaching, explain the teacher preparation process, assist prospective teachers in creating their plan to become credentialed teachers, provide relevant content, partner with related public and non-profit entities, and offer links to important resources. The TEACH California Web site is the California Department of Education's (CDE) primary Web effort for recruiting individuals to the teaching profession. Check out the work they do at http://www.teachcalifornia.org/
Thank You T.E.A.M. Teachers for Your Generosity... 95 Donated and Delivered Backpacks!..Happy Holidays!
Teach! 2016 Conference @ West Hills College Lemoore...A Great DayCheck out this article about our event and the photo album...thanks to all who attended!
James Preston- VP of Educational Services 925-3146; firstname.lastname@example.org
Tiffani Gonzales, T.E.A.M. Teach Counselor 925-3128; email@example.com
Shannon Turmon, Educators Rising Sponsor and Instructional Designer; firstname.lastname@example.org
Giselle Simon- Pathways Director- email@example.com
Andrea Picchi- Education Instructor; firstname.lastname@example.org