T.E.A.M. Teach Current News
April Non-Fools Huddle-Thursday @ Noon…Come In-Person or Online!
We will be having our 3rd huddle of the semester on Tuesday, April 3rd from Noon-12:50 p.m. in the West Hills College Lemoore Conference Center (Room 253). We will be starting the huddle from 12:00-12:15 with free pizza and a time to chill and connect with your fellow future educators. The information portion will be from 12:15-12:45 and will feature a Zoom session with our Fresno State University representative Jesse Farias and information about our upcoming road trip! This semester we will be live in the conference center, but we will also be adding a Zoom option for those of you who cannot get to campus at that time. The Zoom link below allows you to join the meeting from your phone, laptop, or desktop computer and you can hear all of the information and guest speakers that we will have throughout the semester.
T.E.A.M. Teach Huddles (Zoom In or Come for Live Event!)
We are excited to also launch a new format for our huddles this semester. We will still be meeting at the traditional noon hour for free pizza and great information in the WHCL Conference center, but we will also be adding a Zoom option for those of you who cannot get to campus at that time. I will send out a Zoom link prior to the huddles and connecting to Zoom allows you to join the meeting from your phone, laptop, or desktop computer and you can hear all of the information and guest speakers that we will have throughout the semester….unfortunately, we haven’t figured out a way to get you virtual pizza yet, but we are working on it. Here’s a list of upcoming events with more info to come soon…..but lock them on your calendar!
See you on campus and have a great semester!
About T.E.A.M. Teach
Top 8 Reasons to Join T.E.A.M. Teach
- Textbook Check Out - Check out up to three textbooks a semester for free! Books will be available for check out the Wednesday before the semester begins! Saves you hundreds of $ each semester! Jobs - CTE tutors at local high schools, After School Programs, 5C Experience, AVID, and many other opportunities.
- University Partnerships - West Hills College has transfer partnerships and degree completion programs with Fresno Pacific and Fresno State. Take satellite courses, upper division coursework, and credential classes here on the WHC Lemoore campus.
- Mentor Connect- Mentor teachers will help guide you through the pipeline.
- CBEST Test Prep - Preparation classes for the CBEST test are offered annually.
- Counseling - A dedicated T.E.A.M. Teach counselor will meet with you on a regular basis to ensure you have the correct education plan for your chosen teacher pathway
- Monthly Huddles and Events- Each month the students in our program "huddle up" for information, food, and support. We also host an annual kickoff dinner, annual conferences, and other events to help you become a teacher!
- T.E.A.M. Teach Website- visit our website which has links to register for the program, education links, resources, videos, and other information. Go to teamteach.westhillscollege.com (no www or http required)
- T.E.A.M. Teach Updates- Twitter, Instagram, Text, and E-mail- a monthly e-mail from the program, follow us on Instagram (@team.teach)twitter updates, and texts keep you up-to-date on the latest T.E.A.M. Teach information. You can follow us on Twitter @ Twitter.com/teamteach or get text updates sent directly to your cell phone by texting "follow teamteach" to 40404.
Be sure to follow TEAM Teach to get your social media info regarding TEAM Teach and campus events!
Follow us on @team.teach
Follow us on @teamteach
West Hills College Lemoore T.E.A.M. Teach Partners with Teach California!
California faces a shortage of special education, mathematics, and science teachers. With a special focus on these shortage areas, the TEACH California Web site is designed to recruit individuals to the profession of teaching, explain the teacher preparation process, assist prospective teachers in creating their plan to become credentialed teachers, provide relevant content, partner with related public and non-profit entities, and offer links to important resources. The TEACH California Web site is the California Department of Education's (CDE) primary Web effort for recruiting individuals to the teaching profession. Check out the work they do at http://www.teachcalifornia.org/
T.E.A.M. Teach Events
T.E.A.M. Teach annually hosts a backpack drive, gathering backpacks full of school supplies to donate to local schools. We also host a teaching conference each year, usually in October or November! It features discussions from expert teachers and information for prospective teachers.
Thank You T.E.A.M. Teachers for Your Generosity... 95 Donated and Delivered Backpacks!..Happy Holidays!
Check out this article about our Teach Conference and the photo album...thanks to all who attended!
James Preston- VP of Educational Services 925-3146; firstname.lastname@example.org
Tiffani Gonzales, T.E.A.M. Teach Counselor 925-3128; email@example.com
Shannon Turmon, Educators Rising Sponsor and Instructional Designer; firstname.lastname@example.org
Giselle Simon- Pathways Director- email@example.com
Andrea Picchi- Education Instructor; firstname.lastname@example.org