Financial Aid
Female Students


Are you a recent high school graduate or GED recipient?

Are you concerned that you can’t go to college because of your immigration status?

Are your parents concerned about family confidentiality so you can’t tell anyone of your immigration status?

Is the cost of higher education keeping you from applying?

If you dream of a better future, you can prepare for it, even without papers, AND you can pay lower in-state tuition instead of out-of-state tuition if you qualify for AB 540. This is possible because of a state law known as AB 540.

As a result of AB 540 you can qualify for exemption from out-of-state tuition if you:

  • Have attended a California high school for 3 or more full academic years
  • Have or will graduate from a California high school or have attained a G.E.D.; or received a passing mark on the California High School Proficiency Exam
  • Will register or are currently enrolled at an accredited institution of public higher education in California
  • Fill out an affidavit stating that you will apply for legal US residency as soon as possible
  • Must NOT hold a valid NON-immigrant visa

AB 540 students are required to file an affidavit (Form I-134)

The Affidavit certifies that the student is in the process of legalizing their residency status or will file for legal residency as soon as they are eligible.

This Affidavit serves two purposes:

  1. Verify the student meets the educational requirements
  2. Certify the intent to establish legal US residency

The Affidavit is available at the Department of Homeland Security website.

Visit the Student Services Office to apply for AB540 status today!

or Apply online at


What are AB 540 students eligible for?

  1. Board of Governors (BOG) Enrollment Fee Waiver, to pay your tuition.
  2. Cal Grant B or C, to use for tuition/books/supplies.
  3. EOPS/CARE, to support you and stipends to use for books/supplies.

AB540 students should go to to log-in and check the status of your Cal Grant and see if you qualified for one. Also check to make sure you have the correct college listed.