Engineering is all about the design, analysis, construction and testing of various working models used to serve a practical purpose in the world. West Hills College Lemoore’s Engineering Program provides students with the foundational knowledge and skill sets needed to do just that. Through a project-based curriculum, our students dabble in engineering design, physics, math and chemistry. Students will prepare to enter any of the several disciplines within engineering.
There are many disciplines in engineering, but some of the major disciplines include:
- Mechanical Engineering - aircraft, medical devices, automobiles, equipment, heating and cooling systems, and more!
- Civil Engineering - bridges, buildings, roadways, transportation, traffic, and more!
- Electrical Engineering - power, electronics, telecommunications, control systems, computers, and more!
- Computer Engineering/Computer Science - hardware design, software design, and hardware-software integration
- Chemical Engineering - fuels, plastics, pharmaceuticals, and more!
Upon completion, students will be eligible for transfer to a four-year college or university. An Associate of Science (AS) degree may be obtained through this program.