Engineering is the design, analysis, construction, and testing of works for practical purposes! Engineers use the concepts in science and mathematics and apply it to the real world to build useful products. There are many disciplines in engineering, but some of the major disciplines include:
- Mechanical Engineering - aircraft, medical devices, automobiles, equipment, heating and cooling systems, and more!
- Civil Engineering - bridges, buildings, roadways, transportation, traffic, and more!
- Electrical Engineering - power, electronics, telecommunications, control systems, computers, and more!
- Computer Engineering/Computer Science - hardware design, software design, and hardware-software integration
- Chemical Engineering - fuels, plastics, pharmaceuticals, and more!
Albert Einstein says "Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been."