Frequently Asked Questions
Do we all have to wear uniforms?
- Yes, we are a uniform based program. Uniforms for the program are moderately priced and can be purchased through West Hills College Lemoore.
How many semesters are in the program?
- The length of the program depends on which certificate a student is interested in. The program is designed to take two years (four semesters) to complete. At the maximum, most students take five semesters to complete the program.
Would I have to purchase my own tools?
- We supply the classes with tools that they can check out, but it is recommended that each student has his or her own tools. Tools can be purchase at A-Ped Restaurant Supplies in Visalia or at Sur la table in Fresno.
Are there lab fees?
- At this point and time, there are no lab fees.
What will I be getting out of the program?
- The program is based on a European apprenticeship; student will learn fundamentals, method and techniques. Once the program is complete, students will have the skills necessary to operate in the food and beverage industry.