All Youth One System Programs Services Provide:
- Job and readiness workshops
- Part-time and full- time jobs
- Fun and exciting community activities and field trips
- Academic tutoring
- No cost training
West Hills College Coalinga has been commissioned by the Fresno Workforce
Development Board to serve students ages 14-21 years from
the Huron, Riverdale, Coalinga,and Caruthers Unified School Districts.
Through this program participants are provided the following services
to reach their goals.
- Tutoring - Staff assisted & computerized
activities helping youth to be successful in school. Possible
cash incentives & bonuses based on improvement.
- Alternative Secondary School Services -
Different schooling options when studies in a regular high school
environment are not working.
- Summer Employment Opportunities - Jobs
during the summer months, working between 20 and 30 hours per week.
Classroom activities will also be provided helping youth increase
reading & math skills. Possible cash incentives & bonuses
during classroom involvement.
- Paid Work Experience - Jobs providing training
& skills in career field of interest. Receive minimum
wage for hours worked. Hours will depend on availability and
- Occupational Skills Training - No cost
training necessary to qualify for future jobs. Program can
purchase the books and supplies needed.
- Leadership Development Opportunities -
Learn to reach your goals, to solve problems, and to work with others
as an effective team, through training experiences and community
- Adult/Peer Mentoring - Match a caring person
with a youth to provide support and advice on being successful in
achieving goals and dreams.
- Comprehensive Guidance & Counseling
- A professional who will help youth to decide on career interests
and plan for achievement in a future job or success in school.
- Supportive Services - Can provide assistance
with childcare, bus tokens and clothing based on the need of the
- Follow-up Services - Regular contact with
participant after leaving program providing any additional help
necessary to ensure continued success.
program is funded by the Fresno Area Workforce Investment Corporation,
the administrative entity of the Fresno County Workforce Investment
proud members of America’s Workforce Network.
apply for All Youth One System Programs?
Any youth ages 14 through 21 can apply for services at West Hills College Coalinga if they live or attend school within the
service area that is listed above. Office is located at 311 Coalinga Plaza, Coalinga CA 93210 OR simply ask a campus counselor for additional information.
I get paid?
Participants may earn incentives for participating in basic skills attainment activities such as tutoring. Participants will work with an Academic Career Advisor to develop goals to be achieved throughout the time they are in the program. Upon completion of certain goals, participants are eligible for paid work experience.