Interested in helping children learn all about the world around them? Working in education might be one of the most rewarding career paths you can choose from.
In the West Hills College Coalinga education program, you’ll learn how to do the following:
- Work with culturally diverse families
- Address the needs of children at risk through early intervention
- Teach children in state, federal, non-profit or private early childhood education programs
- Recognize social issues from an economic perspective
- Analyze social situations within elementary education including social interactions among diverse populations
When you earn a certificate or degree in Education from West Hills College Coalinga, you have several options. Some of our graduates decide to work right after graduation and others transfer to 4-year universities.
If you choose to earn an Degree for Transfer (AS-T) with West Hills, you will be able to transfer into the California State University system where you can pursue a baccalaureate degree. Students who transfer to a CSU institution will be required to complete 60 units after transfer to earn a Bachelor’s degree.
Are you ready to take the next step and join the exciting field of education? West Hills is your first - and most important - step.Apply