The following is your FINAL assignment which is due Dec 18, 2013
Problem solving skills are an important in resolving issues that arise at the work place.
1) A useful technique provided in the text book (Chapter 11) is referred to as the “Five Whys”, Briefly explain how this technique works.
2) Cite an example, from your own experiences this last semester of how “problem solving skills”helped you (or could have helped you) at your job.
3) Chapter 12, page 201-203 is an assignment under the title of “How Job Savvy are You”. Answer all 11 questions.
DEC 18 IS THE VERIFICATION FORM FILLED OUT AND SIGNED BY YOU AND YOUR EMPLOYER
IMPORTANT DATES to end of semester :
- Attend Class Dec. 11,
- 1)Take Home Final will be handed out at during class and is to be emailed to me by Dec 18.
- 2) Employer Verifications/Time Verifications must be turned in duringDec 11 class session for full credit.
- The Employer's Evaluation and Time Verification is available under materials/form tab.
- Dec 18 No Class Session This Week - Finals Week
All Take Home Finals and Employer Evaluations/Time Verifications signed by employer, must be turned in to the instructor by Wednesday Dec 18 in order to pass this course.
ALL HOMEWORK IS DUE NOVEMBER 19 (assignments 1-5)
Oct 23, 2013
HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT #3
Read Chapters 6 & 7. At the end of Chapter 7 there are Five useful tips to help you believe in yourself, please list them and relate a personal experience from each of them. This assignment is due Nov 5, 2013.
HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT #4
Read Chapters 8 - 10. Pages 154-155 discusses four categories of temperament. Identify which type you are.
HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT #5 After reading Chapter 10, Highlight how customer service is an employees number one priority. Write a paragraph or two on the chapter's content. This assignment is due November 19th.
October 15, 2013
1) Next week I will be conducting our required "face to face" interviews. Please plan to meet with me either October 24 or 25 from 9:00 am - 11:45 am. Drop in at my office at the Farm of the Future during these times for a short meeting.
2) HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT #1 this assignment is due Oct 22. You may email it to me or drop it off in the box at my office.
read chapter one and two in JOB SAVEY :answer the following (page 23) Your reelationship with your employer is based on three points of understanding, what are they? and (page 50) During your job orientation being an active listener includes what four things?
3) HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT #2 this assignment is due Oct 29. You may email it to me or drop it off in the box at my office.
Read chapter 4 and 5 in JOB SAVEY and complete the following questions. Time Management is a useful skill list the six points discussed at the end of chapter 4 (page 77). In one or two paragraphs explain what is mean by NETIQUETTE. (page 92)
(9/25/13) PLEASE NOTE; ALL General/Vocational Training Agreement ARE DUE AT MY OFFICE , NO LATER THAN 12:00 noon OCTOBER 11.
***ALL CWEE STUDENTS ARE TO BE IN CLASS WEDNESDAY, SEPT 25 AT NOON ON COALINGA CAMPUS
CWEE, Coalinga General/Occupational students:
Sept. 16--Those of you who turned in the necessary paperwork need to look over the General / Vocational Training Agreement form and fill out the four Statements of Learning Objectives. Some of you did fill these out however they were unsatisfactory and need to be redone at this time. This is a very important aspect of the grading criteria of this course. If you are having difficulty, consult the assignment instructions ( material/forms link )for assistance.
The updated FORMS are now loaded on this website. Please open them all up and read again to refresh your memory as to what was covered in class.
No Class Session This Week: Sept 4
CURRENT ASSIGNMENT: There are four documents which must be filled out and returned to me in order to continue with the class. You must turn in:
1) Student Application (with business card)
2)General/Vocational Training Agreement
3) Enrollment Classification
4) on-site Map.
These documents can be down loaded on the Material/Form link listed on this page on the left.
Because I have not been able to down load these documents until recently I will provide you with additional time for you to get these documents to me. The very latest that the paperwork will be accepted will be Friday, Sept 13 by 4:00 p.m.
ALL DOCUMENTS ARE TO BE DELIVERED TO my Office ( located in the modular Ag Office "FZ"off of Gale Ave. north of Coalinga at the Farm of the Future.) There is a box located by the entrance marked CWEE.
THOSE PEOPLE WHO DID NOT SUBMIT THEIR PAPERWORK BY THE DEADLINE WILL BE DROPPED.
Please continue to monitor this web page for additional assignments and announcements.